Decisions made.

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Thanks. For the first time in months I'm getting my groove back in fishkeeping. Was pretty much going through the motions from all the losses but now I'm excited about the upcoming tank and new fishy friends! Because of home expenses I'm probably looking at November. East coast prices for everything are ludicrous. NOBODY WANTS TO BUILD A BASIC STAND. Everything has to be big bulky cabinet stuff they can charge you 2 grand for. One more company to try. So I'll be cheap where I can and spend money where I must.

Sometimes my mind races 100 miles an hour when I'm working through ideas. I even have a new list of names, ha haa. The pineapple plants arrived today. The 'green fern' plant looks nothing like the picture....solid deep green blades with white tips. Who comes up with this stuff? Back to Krylon.

Because I'm not hearing what I like price wise regarding tank stands I'll revise the block layout to SCALE this time. I admit I may have overreacted to the gap space. I might borrow P phreeflow idea of using some 8 inch blocks. I'm reconsidering the layout because of how the 125 is fully supported. It's on a built in tabletop stand and stacked with 3/4" maple on top of that I added. Underneath there's a support frame running the whole perimeter. The bottom is completely open ( I can open the cabinet doors, go underneath and run my hands over the whole tabletop bottom). So this supports jjohnwm jjohnwm saying all those blocks aren't needed. I'll be drafting a rescaled graphic.

Anything to keep him from whining about too many blocks...:nilly:
As a courtesy to a fellow MFKer, i could maybe build you a 2x4 stand for the cost of material. Youre in DC? Im in freddyburg to the south and drive through there regularly for work.

If youre interested, DM me and we could cover the details.

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada
As a courtesy to a fellow MFKer, i could maybe build you a 2x4 stand for the cost of material. Youre in DC? Im in freddyburg to the south and drive through there regularly for work.

If youre interested, DM me and we could cover the details.
For the love of God...take this kind and generous fellow up on his offer!!!

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
For the love of God...take this kind and generous fellow up on his offer!!!
Absolutely, no brainer for me. Those blocks, even though you can "dress" them to hide their awful appearance, are about as worse a choice you can get for an aquarium stand in my opinion.

In a shed, or a basement, fair enough, but in your home!!! Not for me.

Backfromthedead Backfromthedead is her knight in shining armour here. Bravo sir.

Reactions: jjohnwm

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Absolutely, no brainer for me. Those blocks, even though you can "dress" them to hide their awful appearance, are about as worse a choice you can get for an aquarium stand in my opinion.

Backfromthedead Backfromthedead is her knight in shining armour here. Bravo sir.
Yes, I think I'm in love :hearts:

Will def be contacting soon.

Reactions: esoxlucius

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC

It's in my office in the basement off a sump pit so it doesn't have to be fancy. Just nice and solid.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Backfromthedead Backfromthedead if you're interested, I'll toss in some pink HRPs! I've got a donation batch in a tub and some babies that aren't big enough for donation. Will let you know details and thanks again.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

jjohnwm

Sausage Finger Spam Slayer
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2019
Manitoba, Canada

Yep, absolutely. I don't mind concrete blocks for stands but my tanks are indeed in an unfinished basement. But let's be fair; once you have them on hand, there is no faster or easier way to make a stand than out of concrete blocks.

But now that FINWIN FINWIN has a line on a nice sleek svelte wooden stand, she avoids even that little bit of inconvenience. Hopefully she hasn't actually bought the blocks yet...but, based on her stand designs, she can always repurpose that quantity of blocks to build a garage or a guest house. :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store