\m/(O_o)\m/
cant wait to see the whole thing.

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
amehel0;1736949; said:
yes but the difference is Assuming urs was on an all acrylic tank or small ply is hes got 1000 galons pushing on the pane but i do agree with u
Yeah, mine was actually a bead of silicone along the inside of a leaking seam. It was all acrylic though.

I tend to agree that the *best* way to do it would be remove and reseal the window. Obviously with the amount of work and expense involved, that might not be an option. I wonder if you could use the Dow primer and silicone to glue a thin acrylic patch over the edge of the window from the inside where it's leaking. That would prevent water from getting to the problem area.

Phillis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2008
SoCal
dude if you really like pbass just get pbass and try too X-breed them .. that bee so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamey0615

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
Texas
I know I haven't made alot of progress lately, so for those of you following this thread I am sorry for the slow pace but work has been extremely busy. I will seal the window on saturday, and then I leave on vacation for a week. When I return I will fill the tank with water and post the results. I can't wait to get this finished, the lost time is killing me! Thanks for the Patience and support.

arl

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2007
Saskatchewan Canada
I've used GOOP (and nothing else) in glueing and sealling my 2X4X3 1/2" thick acrylic tank and running for 4+ years now - not a single leak. The 1/2" thick acrylic warped by about 1" - 1.5" at the center because of water preassure (3' high tank) but my GOOP is holding very well. I used the same method in building my W4' L8' H3' plywood tank with ABS sheet (similar to acrylic) linning and it is doing great, its about 7 months old. I didn't read through your whole thread (only your last pages) so I'm not sure if you can tilt your tank for the for GOOP application. GOOP is very runny. The only way I found to apply it is to tilt your tank then the goop will settle on the "joins".

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
jamey0615;1772113; said:
I know I haven't made alot of progress lately, so for those of you following this thread I am sorry for the slow pace but work has been extremely busy. I will seal the window on saturday, and then I leave on vacation for a week. When I return I will fill the tank with water and post the results. I can't wait to get this finished, the lost time is killing me! Thanks for the Patience and support.

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store