1000 gallon build

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
jamey0615;1732765; said:
John I checked the stats on Dow vs. GE and the GE construction grade shows to exel over Dow in every area. I don't have a primer but I thought I would run this test first to test the bond and be certain before I go to far.

i like the idea of your test.....:)

i havent seen peel strength tests for silicone on acrylic ......where did you find them ???

jamey0615

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2008
Texas

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
hey ptc remember when there was some guy on here that asked about the different strenghts and i said ge and u or dr joe said if i havnt used it aint good about the ge constuction well i told u scs 1200 was the strongest silicone sealant

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
jamey0615;1732801; said:
It doesn't give specs on specific materials, just peel strength in general.

i believe the only thing that counts in your case is the peel strength as there is no other loads on the seal

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
amehel0;1732822; said:
hey ptc remember when there was some guy on here that asked about the different strenghts and i said ge and u or dr joe said if i havnt used it aint good about the ge constuction well i told u scs 1200 was the strongest silicone sealant

i think it was not available in the usa ????

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
amehel0;1732822; said:
Hey ... remember the actual discussion where you called it GE Construction and nobody knew what it was called in the states...which is what caused the whole discussion to begin with.... :D good times!... Good Times!

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
point is its sronger!!! its surprising the strength actually had soime guy buy a 6x2.5x2.5 and had a diy cabinet. any the top ply was uneven . it snapped a nice clean crack fromfront left corner to right back one curving towards the back he called and was liek its all ur faultl. my boss goes on to explain that if its sat on a proper stand it wont break and eventually the dude admitted fault so he asked for us to replace the base my boss was like

"im sorry but no matter how much money u offer i aint gonna repair that tank, he then goes on to explain that its to dangerous to cut a base out of a tan sealed with scs1200 . as because of a tight fit and the top of the blade will come off leaving a double sided razor blade which is dangerous(heard stories of 40+ stitches). the dues like well whart cqn i do, my boss is liek by one of our stands or cabs ill go out and patch it. btw patching only works if the cut has run from one edge to another not if it runs from one edge to the middle or sumthin like that. sumntimes we need to score the glass and run it to another side with a rubber mallet and poeop,e are like y are u making it worse

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store