250 tank and 250 air

Danyal

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2006
woodland, ca
i seriously don't know how i got the anachris to do well, i've tried it over the years in a few tanks and it always ended up turning an ugly brown and decaying quickly and i expected the same thing to happen in my BW tank but it didn't, enstead the anachris remained dark green and started growing a little bit until an infestation of black brush algae over took it completely. i've never heard of anybody else having success with it in a BW tank.

GatorGabe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2008
Cali
HX67;1922177; said:
A happy camper. Doing his share to fullfill the monsterishness of this site.
this fool looks frikkin crazy as hell!!! pshyco prawn eater!!!!

Horiyoshi III

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
41.769N -71.129W
www.facebook.com
What is the function of the large overhead space?
Is this for when the mangroves get large?
If you screened the water off when you get a nice thick mangrove canopy, you could do some tree frogs in the top portion0_o!

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
What is it for...? Well, there's going to be a sort of a shorebank habitat in the tank. A small waterfall in the righthand corner and some vegetation on the stonewall. And, yes, the lush mangroves, someday.

I thought about making it suitable for a snake or frogs, but nah, it's too complicated and screening off the upper part would ruin the idea for me.

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
I got a bunch of MTS's at an auction a couple weeks ago and they're doing great in my brackish tank, thanks for the tip! Did you say you had anableps in there or was that somebody else?

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
Hey, good for you to have gotten the snails.

I mumbled something about trying to get some Anableps. Say, does anyone happen to know at which size do the Anableps show their gender...? The last time I saw them for sale was a few years back, and they all looked like they were female. They were about 4 inches.

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
I know that the male has a gonopodium, which is a long skinny anal fin that functions as a sexual organ, like other livebearers. I don't know when that becomes visible but I would guess it's visible long before they reach 4 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store