250 tank and 250 air

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
Hi, thanks.
Yes, there will be watering in the back wall. But I think I will have to do it separately from the tank's water, 'cause not many airplants will tolerate salt. As I wrote before, there is a collection sump sort of thing in the upper stonewall, so making a separate FW circulation is the target.

I've actually got a "professional" misting system with a 10 bar pump and close to ten nozzles out of use somewhere. I just got tired of trying to keep the nozzles clean and working. It should be used with RO water, I guess.

Misting would be cool. It would be radical to make an automatic water-leveling system that would replace evaporating water by misting... Gotta look into that.

Thanks, you are inspiring me.

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
HX67;1940323; said:
Not much of a pic but anyways...

Very cool!! I don't know anyone else that has one. Is it aggressive toward any of your other fish?

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
Are those snails in that pic of the eel?

HX67

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2008
Up over
Yes, they are. It's a species of swamp cerith, possibly Melanoides tuberculata.
They stay in the fine sand for most of the day, but come out in the at night and/or to feed.
They stir the sand quite well. I'm surprised that they survive and breed like bunnies in brackish water.

Thanks, A.

Tommydeal

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2008
Dracut, MA
Your setup is like one of those where's waldo pictures. You see something new everytime you look at it. I haven't spotted the gobies yet. Awesome. Where did you get those snails?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store