420 Gallon Floor Aquarium by Aquatic Elements

HumanBean

Aimara
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Thank you very much! so when I actually purchased my home, one of the main factors I looked for was the flooring funnily enough. I went with this property as it was a new build with solid concrete floors. The foundations of my building are over a meter deep in concrete, you should be able to park a plane on the floor essentially. I have a composite platic vinyl flooring on top of that which wont compres and then the aquarium is sitting on 1 inch of polystyrene. I will also add that the flooring is perfectly level in both directions under the tank, and I also went for a double base of glass. Hope that helps, thanks
Thanks for the reply. This is exactly what I was looking for. The reason I asked because someone put 220 on ground floor but underneath they enforce the floor with two metallic columns by placing them vertical to the roof in basement . These columns re normally used to support the roof in construction.

Reactions: 14crazychris

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
Another update. Ive added two more fish to the aquarium and feel like im at maximum stocking now. Im super pleased that I opted to change out the sand and the water is staying much clearer now. Im still getting tannins leaching from the bogwood but thats to be expected. Meet the new residents, a datnoides microlepis and Hemiarius stormii catfish. I have attached some pictures below, the datnoid is proving hard to picture but I will try and get some shots, have added a few pics of the other residents.
DSC05190.JPGDSC05204.JPGDSC05206.JPGDSC05208.JPG

Pjv81

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 20, 2024
Beautiful tank, love the pictures from start to finish. What substrate are you using now? I’m battling the same issue of my tank not being crystal clear with sand substrate and yours looks almost like sand from the pictures. Have you thought about gluing some plants to the wood so they aren’t on the floor in the way of your rays?

Reactions: amazontank

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
Beautiful tank, love the pictures from start to finish. What substrate are you using now? I’m battling the same issue of my tank not being crystal clear with sand substrate and yours looks almost like sand from the pictures. Have you thought about gluing some plants to the wood so they aren’t on the floor in the way of your rays?
I am using a coarse sand now which is much hevier than the sand I was using previously and Im getting no issues with it. I haven't thought about plants yet, I do really like the bare look as it is, but I may consider adding some at a later date. I will try and get some more pictures today of the tank, but so far, everything is looking brilliant.

thanks

14crazychris

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2019
It’s a gorgeous tank! My question is why on the floor as opposed to stand to make viewing easier?
So I have a few reasons to have it set up in this way. firstly maintenance is much easier for me. It also fits the aesthetic for my apartment, and a big cabinet wouldn't look right. It provides the perfect viewing angle from my sofa opposite and I also like to try and think outside the box haha. thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store