4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
greenterra;4081580; said:
Looking real good! What made you change your mind on using the tape/cloth over the seems?
I had filled the seams with Liquid Nails, but after it dried it wasn't full any more. I didn't want to go back over it with more and thought the Permadri would fill it in. Applying the Permadri in thin coats didn't allow it to build up enough in the seams. The roller kept taking it out of the seam. The mesh tape gives the Permadri something to adhere and build on to each time I put a coat down. Gradually, the seam was filled and now the coats are smoothing over. It really made a huge difference where the hard rubber joins the plywood around the window. I had originally planned to use the mesh tape, but wasn't going to because it looked like the Liquid Nails had filled the seams enough.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
TheFishGuy;4082034; said:
Yes, pictures are a must, see how excited we all get when we get to see a picture of an empty tank.

More please, we don't care what they're pictures of. Even pictures of what fish you're going to put in the beast...
I don't think you want pictures of the 6 am Permadri applications. Me in work shoes and boxers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store