4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I'm trying to get more pics as we progress. Helps having the gf around helping. She's on call this week, so only early morning Permadri applications. Didn't get to do one this morning, but back on track tomorrow. She helped me split one of the 5 gallon containers into the 1 gallon ones I had.

TIP: A piece of aluminum foil makes a air tight cover for 1 gallon Permadri containers and is easy to remove when ready. Double it up if you're leaving it more than over night. Better to use the regular cover if more than a couple days too.

coeus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2009
maryland
TheFishGuy;4084366; said:
Now that's HOT!

Oh wait...

my grandma...

not yours...

damn...
my grandma is quite the looker, i will admit

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I managed to send myself to the emergency room yesterday. Broke the 1/2" x 48"x18" glass I had covering a couple 55 gallon drums in the garage with the door. I reached out to try to stop it from getting broken when the door picked up the glass, but wasn't quick enough. The glass slammed down on the top of the drums, broke, and grabbed my right index finger leaving a nasty 1/2" deep angled gash. When I took the paper towel and ice off in triage an hour later it was still pouring blood, so that should give you an idea of how bad. 7 stitches and $100 copay later along with a tetanus shot, I'm a bit sore. Of course, it's on my right hand and they stuck me in my right arm. Uggh, f'n delays. The stupid part is that the little voice that says don't do that wasn't so little and I still ignored it.

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
nolapete;4090027; said:
I managed to send myself to the emergency room yesterday. Broke the 1/2" x 48"x18" glass I had covering a couple 55 gallon drums in the garage with the door. I reached out to try to stop it from getting broken when the door picked up the glass, but wasn't quick enough. The glass slammed down on the top of the drums, broke, and grabbed my right index finger leaving a nasty 1/2" deep angled gash. When I took the paper towel and ice off in triage an hour later it was still pouring blood, so that should give you an idea of how bad. 7 stitches and $100 copay later along with a tetanus shot, I'm a bit sore. Of course, it's on my right hand and they stuck me in my right arm. Uggh, f'n delays. The stupid part is that the little voice that says don't do that wasn't so little and I still ignored it.
Sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up fast. I have ignored that vice many times and have the scars to show for it. It is even worse when the voice doesn't speak up until you are half way through the action and it is to late to stop.

Arkangel77

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 19, 2009
Carriere
OUCH! - Sorry bro! We all bin there. AT least I have.

brianhellno

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
USA
Bad luck man. It could have been worse though so I'm glad it didn't do any permanent damage. I've had to get stitches in my thumb before and it makes it a PITA to do anything without fear of breaking the stitches or causing it to start bleeding. So... pics of the stitches? :D

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
OUCH!

Hmm, kind of sounds like what I did 2 weeks ago...

I was building some wooden steps for my porch, finishing the last 2 screws, hurrying so I could get done. Using the drill to put in a screw, I wasn't concentrating, and the bit jumped out of the screw head and landed on my thumbnail. Went right through while still spinning. Talk about PAIN! That was a fun trip to the emergency room, but so far mine's been about $250.... I did get to meet 2 plastic surgeons and some cute nurses though. Fortunately they gave me my tetanus shot in the opposite arm... I've also never seen a doctor remove a nail, then glue it back on... still going to lose it in another week or two I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store