4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
greenterra;4208185; said:
I can imagine the mixed emotions of nerves and excitement you must be feeling at present.:D
It's a bit surreal. This is a lifetime dream come true. I've wanted a tank like this of my own since I first saw my friend Jack's monster tanks when I was in high school. From then on, I always wanted a tank that I could literally swim with the fishes.

The unnerving part is that most people who don't share our "sickness" as my friend Jack refers to it, would probably want to have me committed for building such a monstrosity.

The tank is solid and has not creaked, moaned, or made any other such noises that one would expect from something like this. I'm really trying not to be full of myself or overly impressed. I'd love to find an engineer and/or architect to run numbers on this. The engineer for the tank construction and the architect for the structural impact placing such a big box of water inside my home would have.

My gf has been sleeping for a couple hours. We started watch LotR, her idea, and so I've been watching the rest, checking on her, and checking the tank. The tape gives me a mark to watch. Easy to notice any changes that way. I've been checking the bulkheads and all around the tank for signs of moisture. Knock on wood, there have been none.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store