4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VLDesign

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
IL
nolapete;4209058; said:
Nah, Jonathan and Rich have been a huge help to me with the information from their builds. I just have to send out kudos and a bit of ribbing. SIZE MATTERS :D

lol Sure does.. And after seeing this work out so well, the next one I do I will have to seriously consider some liquid rubber for sure..

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Stopped the fill test at the level I set for; about 6 inches below the upper bulkhead holes. Right at 60 inches deep = 3720 gallons...

Now, we wait. Stopped at 3000 gallons last night and no signs of any stress whatsoever this morning.

DSCN0033.JPG

DSCN0034.JPG

IMGP1150.JPG

IMGP1152.JPG

Satan's Goldfish

Cloven-hoofed Sea Monkey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Carterton, Oxfordshire
Congratulations on getting the water in and it holding with no signs of leaking so far. I was a nervous wreck at the filling stage with mine! (at least you're not contending with leaks too.) Suprised you were calm enough to go out for dinner with the girlfriend though, I wouldn't have dared leave the house for at least a day just incase it went wrong!

Looks amazing pete, keep it up, been waiting a long time to see this one with water in. Brilliant.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
You jinxed me SG. Small leak from bottom. Went to get Cane's for lunch and saw it when I came back. Nowhere else around the tank is showing any signs of water, so I'm certain it's the bottom. I think the walking on it without the pond liner early on and having to pull my shoes loose is what caused it.

Going to dry it out, apply the remaining 1.5 gallons to the bottom and 6 inches up the walls and 18" up the seams in each corner and put seam tape in. I'll use the pond liner to walk on this time. I think it's the divets that I repaired that are coming back to bite me; not the overall seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store