4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
It's still alive, but yes married life has its hurdles. We've accumulated 8 bearded dragons and she wants to breed them, so I've been helping her with that. The house is still a disaster since the wedding with all the extra stuff we have on top of combining her stuff with mine. And of course her honey do list of things like building an outdoor enclosure for the Russian tortoises, retrofit this fluorescent strip with a new ballast so she can use the T8 UVB 10.0 bulb in it, and tons of other stuff we both want to do has gotten in the way. It will be done, albeit not as fast as any of you nor I want it to be.

Zari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
Aurora,Colorado
nolapete;5125758; said:
It's still alive, but yes married life has its hurdles. We've accumulated 8 bearded dragons and she wants to breed them, so I've been helping her with that. The house is still a disaster since the wedding with all the extra stuff we have on top of combining her stuff with mine. And of course her honey do list of things like building an outdoor enclosure for the Russian tortoises, retrofit this fluorescent strip with a new ballast so she can use the T8 UVB 10.0 bulb in it, and tons of other stuff we both want to do has gotten in the way. It will be done, albeit not as fast as any of you nor I want it to be.
Ah so we got other projects for other threads right? Lol

Cablemonkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2011
Everton, MO
nolapete;5125758; said:
Hey, feel yourself lucky that your wifes honey do's are hobby related! I know many a man on here wishes they where that lucky! :headbang2

I just spend like 4 or 5 hours (lost track) getting caught up in this thread and holy plastic bolts you have been through a lot! I just want to build a 10x3x2 and it seems daunting, I give you major kudos for making it as far as you have! Even if it did take you over a year ;) Wish you the best of luck on all your en devours, I am subscribing to keep an eye on the progression!

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Well, I finally got around to clearing a path in the fish room last night. I pumped out most of the remaining 6-8 inches of water and removed the visquene and boards from the backside of the viewing window.

I have to decide whether or not I want to partition off the part of the tank that doglegs around the support and make an internal filter. It would be much easier not to have to deal with the dogleg when I put the liner in since my liner folding likes equal surfaces.

Putting the partition up would make the tank a rectangle instead of a rectangle with a dogleg offset, but it would make the plumbing bulkheads look asymetrical in the tank. Not to mention it takes away from the capacity and creates a lot of work.

Still in the thought process on it and considering my options. The filter in the tank does free up the limited space behind it. While I tend to be hardheaded and stubborn, I'm attempting to be open-minded and look at things from all sides.

Open to pros and cons thoughts and ideas.

Once I make a determination on the path I'm going to be taking, I'll order the liner and proceed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store