4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
It's at 27" right now and still filling. I'm concerned about a little dampness around the bulkhead that was there last night and hasn't dried up yet. It could be weeping a little. I noticed a little raised Permadri around the bulkhead from painting around them one the later coats. I wasn't concerned about taking them out since they'll be hidden by the screens and didn't matter if I got any Permadri on them. May have to look at it again if it doesn't stop.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Going to let it get to 37 inches (2200 gallons) then let it sit a while. The bulkhead is definitely weeping, but not too bad. I'm going to run a bead of Dow 795 around them after I clean up the wall around the problem one and reseat it.

Luc70

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2009
Bangkok, Thailand
I always put a bit of silicone on rubber seals. Just a very thin layer despite what everyone says not to do that.
But have to say its on glass, lots easier than what you have. But it straightens out and has never leaked once dry given that the silicone is pushed out when tightening it, forming a very good first barrier on the seal.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store