4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the struggle will make the end result and the enjoyment of said end result that much more sweet. As the things in life worth enjoying are a struggle, and require work and dedication. This goes with family life, work life, religion and keeping fish.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Say a little prayer. Bulkhead is tightened (by hand) and hose is in the tank running. I took the advice of backing off the bulkhead, wetting the gasket, the tank wall, and the bulkhead then tightened it. Put some newspaper down as a water indicator near the bulkhead. It'll take about an hour to get the bulkhead covered, so I'll update then.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Water is above the bulkheads and the paper is dry. Trying to get the water level up to the window and over the bottom frame where I'll stop filling for the night and see how that goes. That's where the leak was from the screw mishap. Above 30 inches, if you recall, is where the mystery leak has happened in the past, so just above 30 inches will be the stopping point for a waiting period tomorrow. If that's all good, then we'll go up a foot at a time then wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store