4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kallmond

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2009
Hanover, PA
Treasure! Doesn't have to be much, but how much fun would it be down the road for someone to find something...

Also, I'd put some things that are meaningful to you, since so much of your time and energy has been put into this build. did you drink a ton of red bull (mtn dew, etc)? put in a red bull...

Put the URL to this thread in there and an archived print out of it.

(you could edit out my stupid comments though...) :)

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Man your really moving on this thing. Looks great Pete! I like the time capsule idea. Id have lots of pictures of the build and the thread is a great idea.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Already working on plans for 2500 gallon indoor pond in my garage and 5000 gallon outdoor pond. They'll be connected. It won't be too long before I start threads for them.

So glad the roommate is out of town. I was able to make all kinds of noise today and will be able to work on a lot of boring crap in that room like prepping ceiling, electrical, and removing dozens of drywall screws tomorrow.

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
I still find it amusing your roommate complains about the noise but not the massive fish room?

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
You got a point. lol

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
The time cap is a great idea Pete. I might steal your idea and build all kinds of easter eggs into the next thing I do. I always find when I'm moving or fixing something I've done before, the things I find that I did are always so much fun to recall. Even pulling apart the dash in my hotrod and finding some CRAP wiring I did 10 years ago before I knew better, or pulling the decor out of my plywood tank and seeing the little flaws and features that take me back to when I built it. If it were me, I'd stick in a newspaper, maybe the printout of this thread someone mentioned, and something pertinent to this year in your life but unrelated to the tank.

BTW - those pics aren't boring!

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
Was not, I only use sarcasm when it's funny!

WTF are you doing up, isn't it like 4:30AM in NO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store