4300 Gallon Plywood Build (3600+ Take 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
nolapete;3753223; said:
This is looking good!

Liking the new paint job?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
First coat on the rafters that will be exposed and most of the walls. With the walls and rafters white, the room lights up a lot more. I don't even have to have a light above the back of the tank to see back there. Before, we couldn't see anything with the walls grey.

Thinking about painting the outside of the tank; at least the sides I can reach.

Tape on the acrylic is where I need to backfill the front seal with Dow 795. It's just a cushion for the acrylic, so not really important, but something I want to do.

Not as stunning as without the plastic drop cloths hanging in it, but you can see why I was so excited.

We're getting very close. Ordering the 15 gallons of Pond Coat tomorrow morning.

PICT0001.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

PICT0004.JPG

PICT0005.JPG

PICT0006.JPG

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
Excellent finish on the outside. Really looks good.

I was gonna link the last picture. But its freaking huge. lol

I would be sitting in that chair all day long.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
You can click on the post number on the upper right of the post and that will bring up the individual post. You can copy and paste that link if you want to show someone.

When I first took the paper off, I sat in front of it for at least an hour and that was after standing on the inside looking out for 15-20 minutes. It's really a great motivator to get the tank done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store