5 of the Most Abused Fish in the Industry

Dart7383

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
Northern Illinois
I agree with the people who mentioned gsp and dragon gobies. I am just happy that mine are well cared for and happy.

Sent from my MB855 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Oscars And Pacu

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
U guys forgot the new keychain turtles craze in china
http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/live-animals-being-sold-as-keyrings-in-china.html

A baby turtle is placed in a sealed, watertight 2" x 1/2" plastic necklace containing 1/2 ounces of water and it stays their until it either dies from lack of oxygen or starves. The owner of the company claims that the turtles can survive days in the package because of the 'injected minerals into the water'. You're NOT supposed to feed it and its a watertight bag meaning no air can enter it and no water can leave. its a symbol of pride in china that people wear around their necks to show off. This is very popular and an estimated millions of people participate.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Chrisplosion

Mean Cat
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2010
Oregon, it's part of 'Murica!
U guys forgot the new keychain turtles craze in china
http://www.treehugger.com/natural-sciences/live-animals-being-sold-as-keyrings-in-china.html

A baby turtle is placed in a sealed, watertight 2" x 1/2" plastic necklace containing 1/2 ounces of water and it stays their until it either dies from lack of oxygen or starves. The owner of the company claims that the turtles can survive days in the package because of the 'injected minerals into the water'. You're NOT supposed to feed it and its a watertight bag meaning no air can enter it and no water can leave. its a symbol of pride in china that people wear around their necks to show off. This is very popular and an estimated millions of people participate.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Yeah we had a whole thread on this. Beyond messed up.....

mr.bigglesworth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2012
By SF, Farther Inland, NorCal
and this next video is extremely upsetting. If u find a puppy getting abused by a policeman DO NOT! Follow this link.
On the other hand if u want to know the ful extent of animal abuse and u feel u can muster the courage to watch this then u may do so of your own free will.
Do not play this video near children and teens as it is extremely violent.
I will NOT be accountable for any misuse or medical injuries in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kJVnA5KXJw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

ronron23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2011
la palma
I was at a LFS somewhere in pomona, ontario area and I went towards the back of the store, less and less upkeep towards the back.

I saw one of thos tanks in the isle, what maybe 30-40g? Jammed with 2-4 inch Jack dempseys, literally stacked on eachother. They were in rows, like bricks with no room to move anywhere. I wanted to just buy them all but couldnt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store