african tiger fish info please..

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
The TRUST said:
The ones I see pics of in the Kapanese magazines look like this fish.

An even smaller one, but definately a true Goliath ATF! The fins are rounded because of its small size. They will get pointed as the fish grows.

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
IoStrisciare said:
Screwed up pic i know...

but the best i could take of this "goliath" labelled by the LFS...

has an enlarged lower caudal and lower jaw is protruding and golden finnage save for tt red patch...
Sorry man, Definately not a Goliath. It has the prominant lateral stipes, yellow coloration on the pelvic, anal, upper lobe of the caudal fin. Goliaths don't have these.

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
tigerfangs said:
Sorry man, Definately not a Goliath. It has the prominant lateral stipes, yellow coloration on the pelvic, anal, upper lobe of the caudal fin. Goliaths don't have these.
yea... thought so...

You keep any goliaths? What size tank do you keep them in if so?

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
Yes, I got lucky about a year ago and scored a Goliath. I keep it with 4 Vittatus in a well stocked 900g tank.

ashdavid

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2005
Japan
IoStrisciare said:
Taiwanese pic of my mystery ATF...

labelled as Goliath too...

This is exactly my ATF, I was a bit confused myself. I don't know if it was a Goliath or not , my lfs said it was but Imo this was not a golaith. I really don't know what type it is , I can only assume it is a Vitt ATF

glencch

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2021
Hi,

I am new here. I have got two 7cm long vittatus. Tried feeding them pellets, frozen congo tetras and corys but they just won't eat them.
Any idea what I should be feeding them?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store