Albino arapaima in my pond

kamikaziechameleon

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2010
western hemisphere
I would say keep that one and keep on breeding. Get them established more and then start selling. Like they say, don't sell your goose that lays golden eggs.
I have never heard of arapaimas becoming an invasive species.
YEAH MORE LIKE ENDANGERED. one of the pima strains is assumed to have become extinct. I'm quite surprised by the proposed invasive nature. They are over fished as they are a cherished food source.

Nate Dogg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2011
Louisville
google translation from google including the first response.

Greetings to all, an embrace of Bolivia, good happens that I have some land in the Amazon region of my country.
a couple of years some escaped Arapaima farm in peru, slowly began to spread in Bolivia.
actualemente and entered the river system Mamore Call Ringtone supernado the rapids being now the only fish that is caught.
in other words are finishing with everything in its path.

As seen in the images are captured only paiches nothing more. that is captured in a single output of about 5 hours.

but hey presisamente a year ago and caught some release in the gaps of my stay. happened that a couple of months we get a male and removed the calves and good surprise was great when we saw this specimen (now has 25 cm)

but I really like Asian friends offered me $ 200 for (but permits and other costs not know if I should sell it, if they are trying to take advantage, or good if I keep the best)

Seriously, do not soil killed all fish?

chelo

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2011
In my Datsun
hola herrmano sabes ese pes ademas de ser lindo es mui especil qedate con el y no lo bendas el precio de ese pes es como alrededor de diez mil dolares !!! qedate con el sacale crias y luego bendes los bebes,, aqui en estados unidos si salen como el papa cuestarian una mui buen dinero... suerte y espero que no sea demasiado terde y lo aigas bendido...

nigelaka47

Feeder Fish
Feb 22, 2012
puebla mexico
en serio , no lo vendas, no lo hagas , aislalo y trata de reproducirlo , estas ante una minita de oro..... con eso te digo todo, recuerda que los chinos quieren adueñarse de todo ,, sabias que los flowerhorn peces carisimos de agua dulce que llegan a los 500 dolares , fueron reproducidos en japon a partir de especies mexicanas????? ahora imagina lo que haran con un arapaima albino!!!!! creeme , 200 dolares no es nada con lo que sacaran si logran reproducirlos, eso es lo que te digo... ahora lo mismo pero en ingles

the same , but in english:
really , dont do it , dont put it on sale , you have to try get reproduce it , remember that the chinese people make money with everything , did you know the flowerhorns were made in japan by mexican species??now imagine what things they could make with an white arapaima!!!! 200 dolars arent anything good luck

KingoRock

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2010
Rockford
That's worth big money i think.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2 4g

Annaxox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2011
Michigan
O.O Oh my, I agree with the others: either keep and breed it or sell to the highest bidder, you can get tons more than $200 looking at around five figures

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Doesn't look like Albino or Leucistic Arapaima.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store