www.facebook.com
Hope he heals!!

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Ok, so this is like an up and down rollercoaster. Bumpy is now fine, and upright in the qt. Lumpy can't stay upright at all, and is swimming spastically all over the place and has scraped his head all to hell. I think when I added salt for bumpy it threw lumpy into osmotic shock. I'm going to put lumpy into the tank with bumpy and do a massive water change on the big tank. It's the only thing I can figure because it's the only change. I put the salt in and about 6 hours later lumpy was swimming wierd, and now he's completely upside down. If I don't move him he'll probably die at this rate. Thanks for everyone's concerns. I'm gonna go move lumpy, and of course will take pics because I can see him from the side for the first time in over a year and his skull is way deformed. lol. You can tell his is genetic and not from a small tank. Plus he's never been in a small tank.

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
djdlemma;2245155; said:
Man, the pict where he is upside down saddens me. I hope he pulls thru.
Been there... done that... Tigger bounced back and is virtually 100% since his ordeal and it still makes my heart sink to see another one upside down like that... Worst part is that it's harder than hell to wait to see how they are doing. I bet That Necro is spending more time peeking in his tanks right now than he has in months...prob more time looking at them than his wife :grinno:

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
basslover34;2246227; said:
Been there... done that... Tigger bounced back and is virtually 100% since his ordeal and it still makes my heart sink to see another one upside down like that... Worst part is that it's harder than hell to wait to see how they are doing. I bet That Necro is spending more time peeking in his tanks right now than he has in months...prob more time looking at them than his wife :grinno:

Definitely. My wife is kinda mad today, because she's sick and my fish are sick so I am running in circles. She understands though.....I think! I'm going to be working hella hard on the tank tonight though so I'll keep a close eye on them. Lumpy is now in with bumpy. They are both upright now. I medicated them to prevent the onset of any illness. I know bumpy is going to lose a lot of his fins and wiskers no matter what. You can see the parts that dried out completely. They are solid white, and starting to get fuzzy. So good call on seperating them. Lumpy was completely upside down earlier when I added him in with bumpy. Now he is upright and starting to get a sense of balance back. I think they'll be fine, but man what a scare!!!!:WHOA: I haven't lost a fish I've raised since last winter. I've lost pittiful oscars that couldn't handle clean water, and went into what I call toxic shock syndrome. Toxins build up in their system over years of topping off water instead of water changes. Some of them have toxins in the water over 200 ppm. You put them in clean water and they die within a week or two normally.:( The last two were fine though. Lady actually did water changes, just had them in a 55 for 13 years.

catfishlover106

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2007
Daly City/San Francisco, CA
thats scary seeing a catfish go upsidedown...=0 maybe when it landed on the ground it lost is equilibrium? maybe...but i just hope lumpy makes it!

Cichla dude

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2008
Springfield MA
www.facebook.com
Glad to hear that The TSN is fine in his tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store