Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Pacquiao

Votes: 44 84.6%

• Total voters

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
svang55;3525785; said:
size won't be much of an issue. see pac vs diaz, vs DLH, vs Hatton. he was the smaller guy moving up.

cotto will be his biggest test to date, but cotto will have to catch pacman, with speed and power on his side, pac will knock out cotto late in the fight. i'm looking for 9th round ko.

pacman for the win. and i'm not filipino. i'm a fan of both pac and cotto. but gotto go with pacquiao

Manny is faster than Cotto, but he's not going to be stronger. Cotto is bigger than Manny and Cotto has greater boxing skills than the examples that you used. Size and power are one.

Delhezi222

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2007
P
I know nothing about UFC, but the second guy has a cooler name, so let's go with him.

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
svang55;3525785; said:
size won't be much of an issue. see pac vs diaz, vs DLH, vs Hatton. he was the smaller guy moving up.

cotto will be his biggest test to date, but cotto will have to catch pacman, with speed and power on his side, pac will knock out cotto late in the fight. i'm looking for 9th round ko.

pacman for the win. and i'm not filipino. i'm a fan of both pac and cotto. but gotto go with pacquiao
I don't really feel that speed is going to be a really big issue. Cotto has a track record of fighting faster opponents. I doubt Pacman will knock him out either, I think if he does win, it will go 12 rounds. Cotto has been conditioning for close to 2 months already, so I don't think his stamina will be much of an issue. Pacman definitely has the speed, but Cotto has the power. And like you said if Cotto does catch Pacman it won't be good.

flowerpower;3525790; said:
I'm a Pacman fan but I do think Cotto has a good chance against him. I hope he (Pacquiao) wins just so that I can see him fight Floyd.
I think that fight has to happen no matter what happens in this fight.

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
Delhezi222;3525821; said:
I know nothing about UFC, but the second guy has a cooler name, so let's go with him.

:ROFL: First wrestling, now UFC. Is the sport of Boxing really dying?

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
phillydog1958;3525808; said:
Manny is faster than Cotto, but he's not going to be stronger. Cotto is bigger than Manny and Cotto has greater boxing skills than the examples that you used. Size and power are one.
the thing with cotto is, his style always leaves him open to take a few to get a few in himself. let's see how many he can eat. but at the same time, i'm looking for pac's speed to avoid taking big shots from the bigger cotto

Nemesis529;3525823; said:
I don't really feel that speed is going to be a really big issue. Cotto has a track record of fighting faster opponents. I doubt Pacman will knock him out either, I think if he does win, it will go 12 rounds. Cotto has been conditioning for close to 2 months already, so I don't think his stamina will be much of an issue. Pacman definitely has the speed, but Cotto has the power. And like you said if Cotto does catch Pacman it won't be good.

I think that fight has to happen no matter what happens in this fight.
the thing that makes this a dangerous fight for cotto is that pac is so accurate. i think speed will be a factor. and cotto could very easily be knocked out by pac, they both have the weight behind their punches to ko the other. we shall see how it plays out.

and yes, money mayweather vs pac needs to happen. chances are better if pac wins

Nemesis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2009
nyc
svang55;3525850; said:
the thing with cotto is, his style always leaves him open to take a few to get a few in himself. let's see how many he can eat. but at the same time, i'm looking for pac's speed to avoid taking big shots from the bigger cotto

the thing that makes this a dangerous fight for cotto is that pac is so accurate. i think speed will be a factor. and cotto could very easily be knocked out by pac, they both have the weight behind their punches to ko the other. we shall see how it plays out.

and yes, money mayweather vs pac needs to happen. chances are better if pac wins

That is a good point. Cotto's orthodox stance does leave him open to shot's from Pac. If he plans on winning this fight then he's going to have to practice fighting a little more closed up. But what I'm saying is that we can't rule Cotto out. It very well can be a big upset. Manny has never fought anyone as good as Cotto.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Nemesis529;3525896; said:
That is a good point. Cotto's orthodox stance does leave him open to shot's from Pac. If he plans on winning this fight then he's going to have to practice fighting a little more closed up. But what I'm saying is that we can't rule Cotto out. It very well can be a big upset. Manny has never fought anyone as good as Cotto.
I'm in no way ruling cotto out. I know what he's capable of. I gotta say though, I was nervous for pac against DLH because of the size difference and I was a little nervous for pac against Hatton also. But you're right, Cotto is his biggest test so far, he's a quality, elite boxer who is naturally bigger and easily has the skills to hurt and finish Pac. I am very nervous for Pac. Which is why this will be a great fight. no matter who wins, the fans are the true winners. this is one of those matchups that will be greatly anticipated. i'm very excited. Rooting for the pacman!

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
btw TS, you change av's more than I change my underwear. just an exageration to make a point. not literally lol

I keep thinking i'm talking to a different person if I didn't recognize the name

flowerpower

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2007
NY
Nemesis529;3525829; said:
:ROFL: First wrestling, now UFC. Is the sport of Boxing really dying?
No, it's not dying. IMO, most american fans lost interest because, unlike the UFC, the sport of boxing is now dominated by non-american or non-white athletes. When the UFC emerged, it drew so many disenchanted american boxing fans based on this fact alone: it is 'all-american'.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store