Decisions made.

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Things are moving along as I juggle other projects. I decided to go in a different direction with the tank background. I'm using contact paper attached to boards (I did this on Lazarus tank).

The background is a colored textured brick. It will be horizonal on the back and vertical on one side. Here's the sample. Since It's an online picture I'll need to see it first before I order the sand color. Computer monitors are only so accurate.

background sample.JPG

Reactions: DawnMichele

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Three sand colors are options (Sandtastik). The Brick color may be a bit flat. I'm thinking it will probably be between Marsala and Dark Red. I want my future chocolate cichlid to show off!

sand 1.JPG

sand 2.JPG

sand 3.JPG

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Pics of the silk plants for the new setup. They are all from 22-37 inches in height. I want to emphasize the tank'boxiness' with tall stuff reaching to the top, encouraging the future fish to use all levels. Also tall tanks need different decor to keep from having a lot of weird, useless empty space up top the fish won't use! Nothing worse than seeing 2/3 of the tank wasted and fish all cluttered at the bottom. I have a tall trash container with lid to soak everything in. Ebay is the place to be!!!! Most of these stems were like $4. The most expensive only $13.99. All of these aren't going in the boxy tank. I'm doing a refresh of some of the other tanks. The long stems are cuttable/adjustable.

Although they're all called vintage some of these are new, just in storage. Here are the pineapple plants at 25 inches: Pineapples approx 4-5".

25 pineapple.jpg

FINWIN

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2018
Washington DC
Spider silk plant I already had, 9" tall and about 12" across. Pulled from the 225. Next to it an orange mum. 19 inches.

spider orange mum.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store