Geophagus Altifrons tankmates

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I will look on his site.
Are all of the Geophagus species aggressive in the same way as the Altifrons? If not, maybe I should pick a different variety. I am used to very docile cichlids.

Geo Redhead Tapajos☺

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I will look on his site.
Are all of the Geophagus species aggressive in the same way as the Altifrons? If not, maybe I should pick a different variety. I am used to very docile cichlids.

Geo Redhead Tapajos☺

Lilyann

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
Just a little less boisterous than Geo Altifrons lol.
Well, the Red Heads are nice too :). I really would be very ill equipped to deal with badly behaved fish. I will switch to the less boisterous behaved variety, thank you. I also am thinking I should get tank raised, as a beginner. I hear that they are less sensitive than the wild caught.

Reactions: tlindsey

Lilyann

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
There are other smaller Geophagine you may want to look into that are more milder.
I really love the Threadfin Acara, but after some reading, I found they are murderous to one another when get to reproductive age.
What are the others that are smaller?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Well, the Red Heads are nice too :). I really would be very ill equipped to deal with badly behaved fish. I will switch to the less boisterous behaved variety, thank you. I also am thinking I should get tank raised, as a beginner. I hear that they are less sensitive than the wild caught.

Yes CB if you don't want to deal with issues like internal parasites and such. Depending on the collection point WC can be awesome looking.

Reactions: Lilyann

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I really love the Threadfin Acara, but after some reading, I found they are murderous to one another when get to reproductive age.
What are the others that are smaller?

Not only murderous but glutinous lol. This is a very knowledgeable member who can guide you in the right direction duanes duanes .

Reactions: Lilyann
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store