Hikari vs. NLS

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Neil: Is it true they are making a pellet to compete with MP?
I believe that was covered in post #72 in this thread.

BTW - interestingly enough , you also previously stated......

The oscars love the 7.5 mm pellet
Not to mention some of your previous comments about your wild oscars, specifically the one that you showed pics of the oscar that you grew out from 4" to 11", on a combination of NLS & Hikari.

You've also listed NLS as one of the foods that your motoro was eating when you listed it for sale ....

If your memory is this poor at 16 yrs of age, I hate to think how bad it's going to be when you get to be as old as I am. :D

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
RD.;3638279; said:
That's what I'm talking 'bout! :headbang2

BTW - some locals here have raised various carnivores, including some stunning stingrays, AU lungfish, etc on the NLS wafers. Just something to consider if you're interested in trying them out. Also, here's a little inside tip, in the near future New Life is going to be manufacturing a "monster" pellet size, for those that want a larger and even more nutrient dense option.

Thanks for posting those pics, some amazing specimens.
mmm Cant wait .... :drool: Bichirs hopefully can switch from massivore over to the new monster NLS pellets.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
If it was me, I'd feed the bichirs 3mm Large Fish formula.
Pics provided from a fellow MFK'er.

I believe that Chaitika's bichir's eat the NLS wafers, as do his bass.
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264805

Personally I wouldn't go to a 10mm pellet, unless your bichirs have some serious size to them.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Thanks man! I got the 3mm large fish formula and the 3mm large fish thera A :) Got em from Big Als not bad pricing.

rED O

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
edmonto alberta
RD.;3918455; said:
I believe that was covered in post #72 in this thread.

BTW - interestingly enough , you also previously stated......

Not to mention some of your previous comments about your wild oscars, specifically the one that you showed pics of the oscar that you grew out from 4" to 11", on a combination of NLS & Hikari.

You've also listed NLS as one of the foods that your motoro was eating when you listed it for sale ....

If your memory is this poor at 16 yrs of age, I hate to think how bad it's going to be when you get to be as old as I am. :D
haha

I never listed selling my motoro as eating NLS. I did say he will eat mostly everything you put in the tank. But NLS ;) . Let me correct my previous statement, the majority of my fish don't like NLS. I have also previously stated that my cichlids love NLS pellets. I have the large pail of the 7mm because I feed alot of it and its the staple of there diet. They also do have great coloring. With only feeding NLS to try and convert my aro, it took over 2 weeks before he finally crunched down a pellet or two spitting the rest out. I said my fish don't like it, but he will eat it if you deprive him of food long enough. Sure, you can get any fish on NLS because a healthy fish will not starve them selfs.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive.

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=26257&st=0&p=2199760

Posted 18 September 2009 - 02:46 PM

I have a 14'' male motoro stingray. He is in great shape, eats nls pellets, prawns, squid, hikari pellets and other foods. He has a nice dark color to him and is a very nice ray.

I am looking for a black arowana.

pm me if you have a black arowana and would like to trade.

Your oscars LOVE it, your rays were eating it, so that leaves what, your silver aro that won't eat NLS? That's quite the stretch from
NLS has a very good nutritional value, but my fish don't like it :confused: They eat Hikari and spit out the NLS.

Save yourself any further embarrassment & just stop typing. :liar:

rED O

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
edmonto alberta
RD.;3920304; said:
Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practise to deceive.

http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=26257&st=0&p=2199760

Your oscars LOVE it, your rays were eating it, so that leaves what, your silver aro that won't eat NLS? That's quite the stretch from

Save yourself any further embarrassment & just stop typing.
I certainly won't be responding further to any of your comments, here, or elsewhere. :liar:
That motoro I sold to Ton ton. He ate everything, he would climb the glass to get what ever type of floating food I put in ( hikari and NLS)He even ate beef heart when he could get it. The 2 rays I have now will not look at any pellet type food but MP. The other will not touch any pellet food. So 5 out of 9 fish will not touch NLS. The 4 who eat the NLS are the cichlids. The other 5 fish who are the big eaters who I go threw pounds of food a week ( not over exaggerating) will not eat it. So when I feed all of my fish, I don't use a whole lot of nls. Okay I am done posting. Good Luck with your sales RD!

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
If you remove the ray that won't eat any type of pellet, you are a left with a 50/50 split. Half of the remaining fish will eat NLS, and half won't. :grinno:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store