Hikari vs. NLS

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
PhillyxMartin;3916663; said:
I currently use hikari but want to switch to NLS. Do they carry a floating pellet? I can't find anything online.
Thats the one thing I like about NLS, most of there pellets sink. When using the floating pellets I've found that only the true hogs in my tanks get food. The others are left with scraps. With the sinking pellets all my fish get something to eat. I do think NLS carries some floating pellets too though.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
NLS Jumbo Fish Formula - 4.5mm floating pellet
NLS Extra Large Fish Formula - 7.5mm floating pellet

cchhcc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
Virginia Beach, VA USA
driftwood;3916729; said:
Thats the one thing I like about NLS, most of there pellets sink. When using the floating pellets I've found that only the true hogs in my tanks get food. The others are left with scraps. With the sinking pellets all my fish get something to eat. I do think NLS carries some floating pellets too though.

Same here. That's why I feed small sinkers along with larger floaters. Keeps everyone happy!

Tornfins

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Michigan
Any opinions or comments good or bad about omega one pellets. I've used their products for the last few years and has had good success. Just curious to hear others experiences, RD you seem to be knowledgeable about fish nutrition please give your view point thx in advanced.

darth pike

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2008
Korriban
Haven't seen the pellets, but the ingredient list on the Omega One flake food is insanely good.

rED O

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2007
edmonto alberta
darth pike;3917772; said:
Haven't seen the pellets, but the ingredient list on the Omega One flake food is insanely good.
NLS has a very good nutritional value, but my fish don't like it :confused: They eat Hikari and spit out the NLS.

Neil: Is it true they are making a pellet to compete with MP?

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Dustin - maybe they're addicted to the MSG? :D

Seriously, other than Scleropages formosus, I have yet to run across a freshwater fish that I couldn't train to eat pellet food, of any brand.
All you need is some dedication, and patience.

Tornfins - I don't think that it's my place to comment on Omega products, but if there's something specific you are wondering about I'll do my best to to provide you with an answer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store