Hikari vs. NLS

fishguts

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
pennsylvania
i checked that link rd and i would have to buy a 44 lb bag:WHOA: shipping would be expensive. just out of curiousity where is the cheapest place to pick up some gold or nls or massivore?

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
fishguts;4678356; said:
i checked that link rd and i would have to buy a 44 lb bag:WHOA: shipping would be expensive. just out of curiousity where is the cheapest place to pick up some gold or nls or massivore?
D&S Aquatics, they are a vendor here, ran by Pharaoh and Mike Dunagan.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
You don't have to attack other vendor just because you are promoting NLS. I got what you are trying to say. NLS is the best. My fish should just eat one kind of food for their life. I should feel guilty of feeding them anything other than NLS. By doing so I am not a good fish owner as I am risking their life and they can die prematurely.
Wow, some people sure get defensive, even when I offer what I thought was a money saving alternative. How is leading fishguts to the direct source for the food that he is most likely already feeding (or at least very similiar in nutrient value) an attack on another vendor? Ken doesn't make fish food, he buys it in bulk from feed mills like Zeigler & private labels it under his own name - with what I would imagine is a significant mark up in price. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but that's not an attack Omega, that's a fact. From your comments you don't get what I am saying at all.

Fishguts - you could always split it with a few friends, but that's your call.
I only mentioned it as cost seemed to be a big factor with you. If you are happy feeding/paying what you currently are, then by all means carry on.

fishguts

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
pennsylvania
ya ill give them a call during buissness ours as i go through alot of it. my cichlids get fed the kens for the staple and get market shrimp 3 times a week. i think i will pick up one of those bigger name brands and see if they crave it more then what im giving them now. ill check dunagen. thanks

Joeygee23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2009
Hartford, CT
I have kept tanks for 30 years. ran 2 fish stores for a total of 20 years in retail. I have fed every fish you can buy..every food you can by. Well others here are well verse in nutrients and ingreedients I speak from experince. There is not better food for the retail store or basement fish store than NLS. Even better supplemented with HBH spirulina pellets and frozen treats. Proof is the pudding and in this case the label. Hikari has too much fillers. That's my opinion.

Joeygee23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2009
Hartford, CT
whoa. I'm tired and can't type! sorry about last typos.

ibz_rg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.facebook.com
I have yet to try NLS, but Hikari has done great things for my fish. I use Cichlid Gold for my FM tank, and Staple for my Tex and RBP. Their colors have turned out great and they seem to be growing quite well. Like I said, I haven't used NLS, so I can't comment on which is better, but I know that Hikari works well.

Crotalus Scutulatus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2010
Southern Nevada
Both are good - great but I do the same thing with my dogs,cats,birds,lizards, goats, and chickens.....Variety! As long as it's good change things up or they will get spoiled and won't try new food unless you starve em.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store