capefeartarheel

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2007
LMU Lab
Ogrim;4694194; said:
Hey RD! Why am I not surprised you are not missed here :naughty::chillpill:
I can see you gliding right about now :nilly:

The Paratilapia sp. are taking to the NLS Thera+A 3mm! No more chewing of the pellets :headbang2

However I am still not happy about my fish passing BRIGHT RED FECES, irrespective on how NATURAL the COLORING claims to be by NLS. Too much of anything can't be all that good :thumbsdow

NATURAL means it's not MAN-MADE right & nothing else! There are numerous industrial byproducts, that are NATURAL & I would not touch it or go near it or feed it to my kids like some do:popcorn:

so let me get this straight...youve been here on MFK all of...30 days :confused:, have made basically what amounts to NO relevant contributions to this discussion (other than being the $hit stirrer and admitting that you will feed what you think is right, regardless of what any label says), dont understand how to decipher ingredient labels or understand what goes in one end as red comes out the other the same color:confused: AND have the nerve to make snide comments about someone that has explained more about fish food, its ingredients, its make up, its nutritional value etc etc etc than most every thread on this forum combined?:screwy:

What a sadly mistaken case of inflated self importance you have to possibly think that anything you say would be taken with any ounce of seriousness.:ROFL:

Instead of bloating up threads on mfk to see your words in print, youd be better served to have a seat, sit back, set your mirror down and read...learn what you obviously have absolutely NO knowledge on.:naughty:

Did I use enough smileys to get through to you?:WHOA::chillpill::popcorn::headbang2

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

fishguts

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
pennsylvania
Ill tell you guys what. ill settle this once and for all. for tonights supper im going to sit down with a bowl of hikari and a bowl of nls then i will proceed to drown the pellets with milk and eat each bowl. there will be two determining factors. the first will be which one tasted better and the 2nd one will be if either one gives me a tan. then i will announce the winner.:grinno::grinno::D:D:D:D sound good

fishguts

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
pennsylvania
i just recieved that 5lb bucket of nls and fed my fish and deff notice the fish ate alot more and were more verocious then when i fed them the feed mill stuff. im a sastisfied customer:)

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
Just read the entire 27 pages of this read.

The amount of ignorance and complete foolishness, combined with a lot of stubberdness in this thread is astonishing, to say the least.
But i guess that is to be expected, where ages and experience varies so much.

Kudos to you RD, for putting up with this for such a long time, and standing by the facts and not be drawn down to a lower level, as tempting as i'm sure it must have been, at times.

Bottom line is that it is purely a personal choice, which brand you decide to feed your fish with, seeing as you are the owner of your fish, and your personal choice does not include cruelty to animals.

The facts have been presented to you (repeatedly, and in words everyone should be able to understand)

Facts
cannot be argued with - opinions can. And to argue opinions could take a lifetime, and as fun as it might be, gets you nowhere in the search for the best fish food, as only facts can determine that.

The answer has been right infront of you for a long time. Chosing to ignore it, due to personal opinions, means you are not doing what is best for your fish, reguardless of your contradicting opinion.

The end

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
HrHagel;4694977; said:
Just read the entire 27 pages of this read.

The amount of ignorance and complete foolishness, combined with a lot of stubberdness in this thread is astonishing, to say the least.
But i guess that is to be expected, where ages and experience varies so much.

Kudos to you RD, for putting up with this for such a long time, and standing by the facts and not be drawn down to a lower level, as tempting as i'm sure it must have been, at times.

Bottom line is that it is purely a personal choice, which brand you decide to feed your fish with, seeing as you are the owner of your fish, and your personal choice does not include cruelty to animals.

The facts have been presented to you (repeatedly, and in words everyone should be able to understand)

Facts
cannot be argued with - opinions can. And to argue opinions could take a lifetime, and as fun as it might be, gets you nowhere in the search for the best fish food, as only facts can determine that.

The answer has been right infront of you for a long time. Chosing to ignore it, due to personal opinions, means you are not doing what is best for your fish, reguardless of your contradicting opinion.

The end
And just for the record, i am not saying you are not doing good to your fish, just saying from a factual standpoint, that there is room for improvement.

Your fish may not "like it" at first, but that is your problem to deal with, not theirs.

A kid who gets offered a Big Mac, versus a healthy salad, would in most cases choose the Big Mac. But as a responsible parent, you would deny your child to live solely on unhealthy foods, because you must make the better choice for them.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
How about everybody chills, now?:chillpill::D

Ogrim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
Australia
fishguts;4694317; said:
ya i know i bought some nls from pharoah. should arrive today so ill see if my fish like it. if not ill take the back of pencil and ram the food down there throats.:D
Just be patient & feed any new food sparingly to integrate it into your fish diet. No need for pencils or tricks to get your fish eating good fish food. Like starving them or soaking it in potions:ROFL:
My fish took about 4 weeks before they accepted NLS Thera+A as part of they regular diet without chewing & spitting like they did at first.

I thought I must be doing something wrong given how G8 NLS meant to be etc. And I DID, I was not patient enough to give them enough time to accept NLS:popcorn:

Ogrim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
Australia
Most of us turns to the FORUMS for GUIDANCE & HELP of some kind. Many will try, but are not quite sure how due to different circumstances etc. :naughty::chillpill:

We all have our own OPINION, just like everyone has as-holes & it is usually not an acceptable sight to others :WHOA:

Some mistaken FORUMS for a place full of FACTS & CREDIBLE INFORMATION like SOME seem to believe
:ROFL:

This is a place to interact, share & have a chuggle. Perhaps even get into an argument over brand of fish foods :nilly:
Cheers

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Ha ha ha. This thread is a riot. Just feed a variety of pellet, frozen and appropriate live foods and the fish will be satisfied on the dietary end. Do your best to approximate what they might find in the wild 20% of the time, and the other 80% of the time feed high quality dried foods in rotation. I like HBH and Omega One best so far. But most food companies except the absolute slobs like Tetra and Wardley make at least one good food. You've just got to read labels and find it. Simple. No need for arguing over minute details that aren't even applicable to every species we feed. No one food is good enough to be the only food eaten by anything.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store