How Many Arapaima in Something Like This?

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
There's something similar at the Aquarium of the Americas here in New Orleans. The tunnel thing that is.

I have another idea to combine the window view like you see in the carwashes where you watch your car go through and one of those endless pool things. It would be a section of a river which could have jets and rockwork to simulate rapids. The endless pool thing makes the current and you view underwater by walking down the sides.

Bottomfeeder

Dovii
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
State of chaos
AWESOME!!!!
do an amazon mega biotope thing
tsn, rtc, pima, arows, rays, dovii, discus and like 5,000,000 neons. lol

wow_it_esploded

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2008
Over The Rainbow
Looks like a nice project. I have a few suggestions to start out with on this monster, but I am not going to address filtration or aeration because you and your friend seem to have the under control.

I would have the flow go in one direction so it is like a gently flowing river (like where pimas are native to) that never ends. Also, I would utilize as many plants as possible, namely floating plants that will cut down on some of the algae and fliter the light a little so it is more like the amazon river.

As far as stocking, 8-10 pimas along with other large fish (rtc, tsn, rtcxtsn, etc) should be fine. Though more would probably be fine.

kzimmerman

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2009
delmar md
Just trhow a couple of muskrats in there. They'll chase them around. :)

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
we are patiently awaiting pics of the location you guys pic out! Just post pics of potential sites so that we can scrutinize them!!! lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store