How to entertain my oscar?

DISCIPLE

Candiru
MFK Member
Dmaan.;2991205; said:
ping pong balls are good ideas, i tried a lazer pointer, my fish were scared to death, LASER POINTERS ARE FOR KITTIES SON!
my oscars and other fish try to either eat the laser or fight it! its toooooo funny :ROFL:.

soupy1977

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2008
Carmel, In
How large is your Oscar? If it's not big enough to swallow it try a golf ball on the bottom and a ping pong ball floating. Also Tiger Barbs are always entertaining.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
I'm going to have to try this ping pong idea

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
What? Has everyone gone mad? A 75g with one Oscar in it is a very full tank. No more fish.

Citrinellus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
invisyblegypsey;2993171; said:
yepp i have ping pong balls i poked holes in and sank for mine to play with he is to funny with them.
I tried, it has a huge gaping side and still floats. Do you think making a slit in one and pushing one of those plant anchors will keep it down?

Petrella88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2008
Chicago
No more fish IMO
Floating ping pong balls are good when teathered to the glass bottom IMO because my Oscar speedbags the ball however anything sunken is good if he has room to roll it around the tank, I use a 3" PVC elbow Reflections are great as well IMO and when all else fails I throw a night crawler in and he spends 5-10 mins trying to keep it down like pasta that just keeps crawling out of your mouth Eventually from all the inhaleing and exhaling the worm takes such a beating and somtimes breaks in two in which case he fights one until its eaten and then fights the other one I also bribe my oscar to jump a few inches above the surface to snatch pellets from my fingers and before I feed pellets I like to move around to initiate some primal chase

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store