If You Had the Money, Would You Rather Own a Cybertruck or a Real Truck?

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
It looks like something I drew as a child lol.

Ha! That’s the right way of thinking comrade!
Ulu Ulu I haven’t heard from you yet, going to throw your hat in the ring?
You must be getting bored… :D

Sometimes less is more. Sometimes it is just less. Except for smoking tires, it seems less in all measurable ways except shock value. (Visual and electric.)

Because these cybertrucks are stainless, two thing will happen.

It’s not easy to make bent stainless look new again. Many people who dented up Deloreans had them painted for 1/3 the repair cost of fixing the stainless to look new.

It warps like mad when welded. The welds usually show up fast from acid “rain”. Replacement panels will be expensive unless from china. People will paint them.

The second thing is that people who like the style will convert them to V8 somehow. The electric motors will last forever with new bearings every 250,000 miles. The batteries & electronics will fail expensively, and sick cybertrucks will become cheap hot rod fodder.

If you can build a frame you can put whatever you want under one.
20306843-D24B-4B2E-B3CE-830110198648.jpeg

Ulu

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2018
The Sunny San Joaquin
When I was still stateside, I did find a Envoy Denali with the 5.3 in Manila. Wanted 400,000 pesos or 7k USD for it. Sold before I got here. No luck since, so they are here just not a lot of them.
Since you are willing to drive a big V-8, I have to ask the question what are gasoline prices like over there?

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Since you are willing to drive a big V-8, I have to ask the question what are gasoline prices like over there?
50 peso a liter so roughly $2 US a gallon

Edit I mathed wrong

Last edited:
Reactions: AR1

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Could you import one? An American V8 in anywhere will draw attention
I could after I marry my Philippines girlfriend. Then they allow us foreigners to import a car from home. But the big three Ford, Chevy, Dodge sell cars here already so I'll just find one here. May be harder to find where I live in Davao, but they have a few Tahoe/Yukon for sale in Manila. Would be a lot cheaper. Would cost 5kUSD to have it shipped from Seattle plus anywhere for 10 to 100 percent vehicle value as import tax when I go pick it up. I have my eye on a nice Yukon atm 200k pesos around 3.5kUSD.

Reactions: AR1

AR1

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2023
I could after I marry my Philippines girlfriend. Then they allow us foreigners to import a car from home. But the big three Ford, Chevy, Dodge sell cars here already so I'll just find one here. May be harder to find where I live in Davao, but they have a few Tahoe/Yukon for sale in Manila. Would be a lot cheaper. Would cost 5kUSD to have it shipped from Seattle plus anywhere for 10 to 100 percent vehicle value as import tax when I go pick it up. I have my eye on a nice Yukon atm 200k pesos around 3.5kUSD.
How expensive are SUVs in phillipines? My uncle bought this Nissan Patrol SE Platinum City for 73 000 USD
1726418376888.png
1726419061417.png

• Love
Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Tristan's 6000 Fish

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2024
Vidalia, Georgia/ Brooklet, Georgia
Brand new Yukon Denali/Escalade are around 10 million pesos, 178k USD. Have not looked at others...
My 2023 Escalade V was over 100k usd as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store