If You Had the Money, Would You Rather Own a Cybertruck or a Real Truck?

Tristan's 6000 Fish

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2024
Vidalia, Georgia/ Brooklet, Georgia
I don’t know how much crack elon was smoking when he decided that thing was able to classified as a truck because that thing is not a truck. If it had an actual bed on it like trucks do then I’d be much more open to calling it a truck. Now I’d love a 4 door truck with an 8 foot bed on it or even better a high top extended cargo van.
I'd consider it more of an Suv, like the Escalade or Suburban, due to the wacky enclosure on the top of the "bed" of the Elon-mobile.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Im all about value with vehicles (everything else, too). I went truck shopping in 2021 and found a nissan titan with a $35k sticker that had everything i needed. The ford, chevy, and toyotas comparable were around $20-25k more and really only had bigger wheels, shinier plastic trim, and leather that is not nearly as durable as whatever space age acrylic fabric my titan is sporting.

55k miles in, plenty of bogging, trailriding, towing logged, truck is paid off and i am so satisfied that i took a chance on the dodgy nissan brand. This truck goes hard where it counts and when you give it some foot it is as fun as the sport coupes i used to drive while as smooth of a ride as my dads old town car on long highway trips. Its not "great" on gas but at around 22mpg highway it is still far superior to the old explorer and isuzu i used to own. Only issue so far has been a warrantied throttle body replacement and the bumper to bumper warranty is still good for 45k more miles, dealership just tried to buy it off me for $25k. Easily my best vehicle purchase.

20240914_175944.jpg
Interesting thing about the titan is despite being a japanese brand the truck actually had more percentage american components than the domestic competitors at the time at least, according to the window stickers of all the trucks i test drove at the time.

The cybertruck is a joke, its simply not a truck. Theres no bed (where the hell do i load up a 350g tank?) and ive yet to see one with a tow hitch installed and cant imagine the stress or stupidity when youre trying to pull a heavy load over the mountain. You simply cant rely on a battery to do truck things--or a turbocharger for that matter which rules out a lot of ford and toyota trucks for me personally.

Im sure the cybertruck has its own quality but theres no way it has even a fraction of the practicality and versatility of a pickup truck. Its a niche, fad status symbol with a massive markup for bozos with too much burnin cash, slightly more useful than that "flamethrower" that musk was selling years back that didnt actually throw flames.

So if i had the money to buy a cybertruck? How much is that? 100k? 200k? Something ridiculous im sure. If i had that money id buy the titan again and put the rest towards paying off my mortgage.

Last edited:
Reactions: fishhead0103666

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
I would say more depends on make and model and how it was maintained. When I was in the states my last vehicle was a 07 GMC Envoy Denali 5.3. I was the second owner. The original owner did all the scheduled maintenance when it was supposed to happen at GMC dealerships. I got it at 175k and it Stull drove like a brand new SUV. I brought it down a tad dropped a system into it. To bad I had to sell it before coming here to the Philippines.
The day I bought it
View attachment 1549152
I took thus pic because of the numbers, buy it does show mileage View attachment 1549153
All the parts to lower it minus the new lower A arms hadn't arrived yetView attachment 1549154
Post lowering View attachment 1549155View attachment 1549157
That generation of trailblazers/envoys were great SUVs. Very fun to drive daily and very capable on the highways. I was always on the lookout for a decent used SS trailblazer with the LS2 V8.

• Love
Reactions: Jexnell

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
That generation of trailblazers/envoys were great SUVs. Very fun to drive daily and very capable on the highways. I was always on the lookout for a decent used SS trailblazer with the LS2 V8.
Been looking for one since I got here. A V8 equipped Envoy/Trailblazer. All I have found so far are the I6 versions. Probably just end up with a Tahoe/Yukon instead. Get a nice set of 20's for it. Do a resonator delete and 50 series Flowmaster. Should catch a lot of eyeballs around here. Everything is either a 4 banger or diesel. So a giant Yukon rolling by with that nice V8 rumble should definitely draw some attention.

Reactions: Backfromthedead

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
The Uglytruck looks like an origami project gone awry!
It looks like something I drew as a child lol.
The cybertruck is a joke, its simply not a truck. Theres no bed (where the hell do i load up a 350g tank?)
Ha! That’s the right way of thinking comrade!
Ulu Ulu I haven’t heard from you yet, going to throw your hat in the ring?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
Been looking for one since I got here. A V8 equipped Envoy/Trailblazer. All I have found so far are the I6 versions. Probably just end up with a Tahoe/Yukon instead. Get a nice set of 20's for it. Do a resonator delete and 50 series Flowmaster. Should catch a lot of eyeballs around here. Everything is either a 4 banger or diesel. So a giant Yukon rolling by with that nice V8 rumble should definitely draw some attention.
Haha probably good reason its hard to find one there...there arent any there! The kinda noise youre talkin will definitely draw attention, rumbly bass shakin the ground and whatnot.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
When I was still stateside, I did find a Envoy Denali with the 5.3 in Manila. Wanted 400,000 pesos or 7k USD for it. Sold before I got here. No luck since, so they are here just not a lot of them.

Tristan's 6000 Fish

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2024
Could you import one? An American V8 in anywhere will draw attention
When I was still stateside, I did find a Envoy Denali with the 5.3 in Manila. Wanted 400,000 pesos or 7k USD for it. Sold before I got here. No luck since, so they are here just not a lot of them.

Tristan's 6000 Fish

Probation Member
Probation Member
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2024
Speaking of drawing attention, I was on patrol this afternoon and saw a 2020 Lamborghini Huracán. While that's a very popular supercar, seeing one in a small city like Statesboro, Ga is crazy. My childhood dream car. I'd still give anything to have one. I should've pulled him over and asked for a picture.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store