Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Pharaoh;3275558; said:
God some things done around the house that needed to be wrapped up.
"Got" ..... :D

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Pharaoh;3275558; said:
Well. I got the sump pump installed after a bit of retrofitting. God some things done around the house that needed to be wrapped up.

As far as the 55..... I tried to get some scrap acrylic from lowes today, but they told me that I would have to pay for the stuff out of the trashcan. I refused. I'll just go by the plastic shop and get some scraps out of the trash while I'm getting the weld-on.
That sucks, I hate it when companies try to charge you for things they throw away. Customer service is everything.

I know I banged on about this a lot in my pond thread, but I spent about £30 over the interweb prices with a local guy on one of my first pipe work orders and it saved me loads over the whole project.

Charging for hunting around in bins, I'd have had something more to say other than refused;)

Good luck on finding some real people out there not just corporate monsters:)

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Yanbbrox;3278669; said:

Charging for hunting around in bins, I'd have had something more to say other than refused.
Oh I had something else to say. ;):D

1badspilo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2008
snake in the grass
I got the privilege of seeing Pharaohs setup and it looks really nice. Iit will be amazing when it is done!!! Can't wait to see more updates fellas!

cichlid_starter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2009
Indianapolis
yeah it looks great. I want to see some other setups in person. these pics just don't do them the justice they deserve. keep it up guys!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I picked up the acrylic bonder yesterday. The bonder is not something that you want to mess with without clamps. LOL I think I did a really crappy job on this, but I'm still pretty sure it will hold. If I'm wrong, then I go get some clamps and put a piece on the outside as well. This pictures kind of suck, but I didn't have the D50 out for this effort.

Oh yeah, and clean before you work. There was tons of dirt in this tank and it was too late to do anything about it. I was out of it yesterday. haha

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
After bonding, bonding and more bonding, I decided to go ahead and start plumbing the setup. I went ahead and started with the pump to tank plumbing, which went well. I then started on the return lines. I'm about 80% finished. I decided that I wanted to use flexible pipe for the returns, so I halted work until I get to the hardware store today. I hope to have the good 55G and the repaired 55G ready for test fill tonight.

As you can see in the second pic, I learned my lesson with the ball valves. It is worth the extra money to buy the threaded version and just put adapters on them. That way, you can reuse them. When I get to the central tank 're-plumb" job, I will lose about $80 worth of ball valves. I will most likely have to replace every one of them.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
Nice, we will fill them when I get over. I will bring my python with me. I also have a present for you from a guy on AC.

I spent the day in my attic making some place to put down plywood to store the wife's decorations. (buying me points). I was going to sand the 75 stand and canopy, but it rained so I will have to wait until tomorrow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store