INDY DIY GUYS

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
if you can check the discharge pressure right after the pump it should help in calculating your flow as you can fing the friction loss and head loss from calculators online would be interesting to see what youra actual flow is in this setup might help someone size a pump without finding out like you have

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;3498423; said:
Depends on the head and friction loss...post up and we can see...;)

Maybe this will help. MSPaint to the rescue! Keep in mind. Reeflo Barracuda (old model) 3,600-4,300gph

Plumbing layout 10.2.09.JPG

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
Just an Idea, but you can always just install a couple external inline pumps in a few spaces to help optimize your main pump. Such on your racks a couple pumps there to help take the back pressure off your main pump. But everything is looking very good, keep it up!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Pharaoh;3500334; said:
Maybe this will help. MSPaint to the rescue! Keep in mind. Reeflo Barracuda (old model) 3,600-4,300gph

OK, what I'm thinking here is that plumbing the line in 3/4" might have shot me in the foot. I was thinking that 3 x 3/4" should be fine for dispersing the standard 1.5" output on the reeflo. The question now is, can I save this by selecting a different pump, maybe a reeflo with a higher head pressure or a flow based reeflo? The second option would be to switch over to multiple pumps in order produce the pressure that I need.

Seems like I always screw up my own designs in some way. LOL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store