INDY DIY GUYS

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Just trying to figure out the pressure loss issues I am having and what the best solution to this problem is. I talk about it a bit more in a couple posts farther back.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;3519616; said:
General rule of friction loss,
is to reduce as far down the line as possible.

Keep the supply line as large as possible for as far as possible...
At this point, re-plumbing the supply lines is not an option. It looks as though I will have to start thinking about buying a couple pumps to run in place of the barracuda.

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
So when's that 500g getting set up? :D

Would it be better to use several pumps on separate loops, or just install a couple smaller inline pumps after the cuda?

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Conner;3519748; said:
So when's that 500g getting set up? :D

Would it be better to use several pumps on separate loops, or just install a couple smaller inline pumps after the cuda?
I'm thinking I might just have to nix the cuda all together and go with something else. Maybe a couple of submersibles.

500 is on hold waiting for the basement to be completed. I'm working two jobs and going to school right now. I don't have much time for projects.

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
just an idea but if you add a line that runs from the discharge of the pump and tie it into the dead end of your lines it will do 3 things increase volume reduce head and even out the flow across the lines. and its cheaper than buying more pumps. does that make sense?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store