Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
greengiant;3522060; said:
just an idea but if you add a line that runs from the discharge of the pump and tie it into the dead end of your lines it will do 3 things increase volume reduce head and even out the flow across the lines. and its cheaper than buying more pumps. does that make sense?

I understand what you're saying, but that could be next to impossible. Besides, I tried something like that before and it didn't work out so well.

CHOMPERS

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2006
Sunnyvale Trailer Park
Pharaoh;3500334; said:
Maybe this will help. MSPaint to the rescue! Keep in mind. Reeflo Barracuda (old model) 3,600-4,300gph
Pharaoh;3519469; said:
OK, what I'm thinking here is that plumbing the line in 3/4" might have shot me in the foot. I was thinking that 3 x 3/4" should be fine for dispersing the standard 1.5" output on the reeflo. The question now is, can I save this by selecting a different pump, maybe a reeflo with a higher head pressure or a flow based reeflo? The second option would be to switch over to multiple pumps in order produce the pressure that I need.

Seems like I always screw up my own designs in some way. LOL
Sorry about taking so long to get back to you on this...

The first source of loss is because the pump loses about 1/4 of its flow when pumping to top of the system (found data at the Sequence Pump site). The second problem is the three 3/4" pipes add up to a cross sectional area of 1.26 square inches but the 1 1/2" pipe is 1.69 square inches (it is like having a valve on the pump output and closing it 25%). The third problem is that the frictional loss is not linear across reducing diameters of pipes. It actually increases per square inch as the diameters get smaller.

The best thing you can do will be to tap into the 1 1/2" pipe and add another 3/4" pipe. I'd run it to feed the top tanks and then readjust the remaining valves to distribute the extra flow.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
CHOMPERS;3524918; said:
Sorry about taking so long to get back to you on this...

The first source of loss is because the pump loses about 1/4 of its flow when pumping to top of the system (found data at the Sequence Pump site). The second problem is the three 3/4" pipes add up to a cross sectional area of 1.26 square inches but the 1 1/2" pipe is 1.69 square inches (it is like having a valve on the pump output and closing it 25%). The third problem is that the frictional loss is not linear across reducing diameters of pipes. It actually increases per square inch as the diameters get smaller.

The best thing you can do will be to tap into the 1 1/2" pipe and add another 3/4" pipe. I'd run it to feed the top tanks and then readjust the remaining valves to distribute the extra flow.
Sounds like I might be able to work with that. Thanks for the info!

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
so... got some work started...

Canopy started... went faster than we thought otherwise we would have got the wood for the tops today... oh well... We will try to get it done this coming weekend... well I will paint it after we get it done.

Getting so good, the wife wants us to make the tv stand, coffee table and side tables for downstairs... Still have to make a canopy for the 110 and then a whole setup for the 130

1031091208.jpg

1031091208a.jpg

1031091303.jpg

1031091303a.jpg

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
What did I say about no pictures???!!!!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Oooohhhhh I see!!! You were try to get a pic of my dad's butt. You pervert!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store