INDY DIY GUYS

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
Looks good there Bobby. You and Mike did a great job! That's what I did most of yesterday too. I'll have to get some pics soon.

Of course that was after going to the laundry mat for 2 1/2 hours. Long story, but always double check the dryers at a laundry mat before putting clothes in. Stupid kids and there stupid crayons! Just glad it came out after a rewash.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
mike dunagan;2167249; said:
You forgot fireman's pole and walkout basement door!

Terrific, we should have it all done in a few more years...

Of course finish my stand and my fishroom as well. Still need to put up walls before it gets cold...
The fireman's pole is a maybe and the walkout basement door is a dream for now.

I plan on having most of this done in a short period of time. I can't wait years.

We shoudl be close to having your stand done in a couple of weeks. You will be painting in no time.:thumbsup:

Fall is one its way. Time is running out on the fish room. We need to get those walls going.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
OH, I almost forgot. Just in case no one noticed. Mike and I decided that we would not be Indy guys or MFKers if we did not add another tank to the equation. You can see the additional 30G that was put in. Now....what to put into the 29 that is now free? :D

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Mike is going to run a heater in his fish room as necessary.

I will not be running any heaters unless I have to. I ahve heating/cooling vents in my basement so I could heat via the house system if necessary. I will eventually go with the most effective method. I would really like it if all of my pumps and such would heat the water enough that I didn't have to use either, but I think that is wishfull thinking. I will stick with tank heaters until I get the room framed and drywalled.
Speaking of which, I need to go get a couple more.

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
Alright going back to DIY thread, here is the 2 stands I finished and started to put my tanks upon.

The 55 on top left has been aquascaped and contains a trio of Red Empress. Then the 55 on the bottom will eventually be turned into a sump. The 20 gallon on the bottom on the right is just cycling as of right now, because I need to make a decision of what will be going in it. I still have 2 other 20's that at least 1 will have the possibility of making on this stand.

The 75 gallon in this picture which is located on the floor is temporarily housing the rest of my haps and peacocks that were in the 55 previously. And if you would like to know the big tank to the right is the 125 gallon overstocked Mbuna tank and then the 29 gallon tank in the back is stocked full of Ps Demasoni.

And just for extra fun, this is in my dining room. These are some of what I got at the CCAC Auction in August. These are 4 10 gallons and 1 20 gallon. From left to right (10)Koi Angels, (10)White marble Angels, (10)Ps Lanisticola, (10)Ps Demasoni, and in the (20)Ps Socolofi and a Clown loach.

And yes, I just noticed the pics are sideways... Sorry...

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
How the he*l did I miss this?
Finally found the coined "INDY" style.
Finally found the thread to show the fiance about the importance of basements.
Finally found a reason to take on more side jobs.
Finally....
Big thumbs up guys...
Go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Muske;2173715; said:
How the he*l did I miss this?
Finally found the coined "INDY" style.
Finally found the thread to show the fiance about the importance of basements.
Finally found a reason to take on more side jobs.
Finally....
Big thumbs up guys...
Go Bears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a beautiful thing isn't it?

Had out "D" shown up, that game wouldn't have been the same.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store