Cheap Shot.....

Just jealous about all the water.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Mike...

Does the sump use Granite tiles as the dividers?

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Not cutting involved I imagine?

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Corian is awesome to use for a sump. I have one with corian dividers too (from JD_man) and it's easier to work with than plexi or regular glass. You can usually get scraps from a counter top place.

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Successful tank pickup today. I will get pics posted up tomorrow.

JD_MAN

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
Indy Anna
Muske;2176006; said:
Mike...

Does the sump use Granite tiles as the dividers?
Corian is better to use in sumps, because it is non-porous, so it doesn't have a chance of holding any bacteria or disease. Like Levi said, most local countertop places throw away pieces that would be big enough to use for a sump. It's really easy to cut, cause it's basically a plastic. And it's always 1/2" thk, so it makes it nice and rigid.

Corian is the name brand, it's actually just referred to as solid surface. There are a ton of other brands out there that are just as good.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
Any special blade needed for cutting?

Dracor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2008
Indianapolis
I did have a huge layout I was gonna try and do, but of course it's changed slightly. I'll be taking the 110 tank downstairs and then I may be building a double stand for both 75's. The only tank I'll be missing right off hand is I have space for 1 more 20 tall. But hopefully I may have a guy to bargan with me. I hopefully will have some extra tanks as well if he really wants to get rid of them. So we can only hope.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store