INDY DIY GUYS

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Pharaoh;2613661; said:
Well, got all of the plumbing finally finished. Then I fired up the pump. Two problems, one big, one small.
1. Have a small leak in one of the pipes. (Easily fixable)
2. Don't have flow to the center tanks. (Pain to fix)

I am going to have to resort to cutting all of the lines and installing valvesto restrict and adjust the flow from tank to tank. I was hoping I would have to do this, but I guess that that's how it goes.
Man that is alot of valves...G/L ;)

ShipOfFools37

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
The Land of Pleasant Living.
I came to this thread, looking for DIY stand ideas and that was it for me for the rest of the night.

I got some good ideas from your stand designs for mine. I'm just going to put together something for a 35 gallon tank. I'll be using your basic ideas with a little tweaking of my own. Thanks for the ideas and keep on keepin' on!

loach43

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Indiana
Pharaoh;2613661; said:
Well, got all of the plumbing finally finished.
Very envious. I have a loooong way to go on mine:irked:

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;2613717; said:
Man that is alot of valves...G/L ;)
You're telling me. Probably 100 buck in valves. Suck!

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
zennzzo;2615033; said:
did you score the valves already?
You're gonna LOVE this place...
http://flexpvc.com/

Could have used that link a couple weeks ago. LOL

I think I am going to have to suck it up and go get them today. I have to get this running as I have almost completely shut down my air filtration and independent tank heaters. I need to get this rolling ASAP.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Pharaoh;2615167; said:
Could have used that link a couple weeks ago. LOL

I think I am going to have to suck it up and go get them today. I have to get this running as I have almost completely shut down my air filtration and independent tank heaters. I need to get this rolling ASAP.
Sorry I didn't get it sooner...I had no idea you were needin' specialty stuff...
Did you check out those manifolds and distributors??

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
Yeah, those would have been perfect for what I was doing. I might buy some and redo it eventually.

basslover34

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Montreal
Using a manifold is the best way to do it...thats why most new home construction is using it to ensure that all the taps have even pressure.

Personally for Supplying the water back to the tanks I'm using a manifold with a valve and the flex PVC back up to the tank... works well and is virtually invisable from the front of the stand :D

I have also made a small ... Pre-manifold manifold which allows me to let the pump dump out the water into the drain via a hose (drain is in a bad place in the room and I need to move ALOT of stuff to get access so I can hard Plumb it in) and a second hose (old python hose) to water supply in the room can pump fresh water back into the system so I have very little wasted time during a water change (I can remove old water and add new at the same time or I can leave it running (making sure not to trip on the hoses) and have a constant water change system

Pharaoh

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2008
Indianapolis
I will most likely change this over before I put the drywall up ont he other side of the wall. But we'll see how well this systems works with the valves and go from there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store