Is owning your own Fish store your dream?

Thomas_Hung

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2004
Moscow, Idaho
spryandspringy said:
I'd just like to get a second job at a good LFS for the employee discount. :naughty:

Thats really where it was at when I worked at the petstore... 1/2 off fish :headbang2 !!

aquariageek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
Pennsylvania, USA
I really wish that the big stores didnt sell fish. Im not anti-capitalism, but personally, their fish suck, for lack of a better word. I would not buy a Wal Mart fish if they sold them for a penny- I was going to buy some DAF's there, but one or two were floating at the top covered in mold. The big names, Pet Supplies Plus, PetCo, PetSmart- dont have nearly the selection of LFS'. There is one near my house- www.elmersaquarium.com - and it is amazing. If they dont have it- nobody does. It may be a bit more expensive, but its well worth the healthy fish. Just my $.02.

I'll be doing my senior capstone project next year, and my business model will be a LFS. :D

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
well i work for a store now . i am in the works of getting my own Wholesale fish company, every state has there own requirment on the Lic's u will need... call ur local town hall and fish and game to start for sure u'll need a state and fed tax id and a resale Lic.. but depending what u want to do u may need more ..if u can afford one i recomend have a
import Export lic.. very expensive but very much worth it

mudskipper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2006
Hastings, NE
Well If I could get a job around a lfs, that would be fine for me. Right now I, hope to have an aquarium thats anywhere close to arapaimag's

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
mudskipper said:
Well If I could get a job around a lfs, that would be fine for me. Right now I, hope to have an aquarium thats anywhere close to arapaimag's

Do u play the Lotto?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I personally want to own a walmart fish department. They have the highest quality products! They even sell koi in their 10 gallon tanks, and who can miss the betta in a cup. Also the fish usually have those pretty white spots all over! :ROFL:

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
ewurm said:
I personally want to own a walmart fish department. They have the highest quality products! They even seel koi in their 10 gallon tanks, and who can miss the betta in a cup. Also the fish usually have those pretty white spots all over! :ROFL:

i never even see no live fish at wally world be worse than Kmart's

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Kmart has fish? I have never seen them there, but it's a scary thought. They can't even make the shelves with the fish food on them look good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store