Is owning your own Fish store your dream?

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
rottbo said:
i already do a little fish sales out of my house would love to make it larger but my prob is i only get the bigger more expensive fish and in my area i couldnt pay the water bill selling these fish out of a store so i will do it in my basement i know i should expand but i am fine just supporting my addiction to fish

YES u can

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
No way....

I would much rather just keep the fish and sell stuff on the side.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I'm trying to get a part time job at an lfs to pay for this f'ing expensive hobby.

gomezladdams

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
gilboa,ny
I alwas wanted to work at a fish store.I aspire to someday make enough breeding fish to partially pay for my hobby.If I wanted to open a fish store Id have to move the hobby is not that popular in this part of ny

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
If you can build a great business by yourself, do it. My lfs has great selection, great service, and a clean, healthy environment for people and fish. That is all it takes my friend. I started buying there after being referred there by a Petsmart employee! Referrals are the key to a business like this, and if you follow those simple guidelines, you will not fail. I have been in retail for 4 years and the majority of my customers (commissions) were repeat customers and referrals. No knowledgeable fish enthusiast will ever say "Petsmart is the place to buy fish!".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store