Is owning your own Fish store your dream?

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
It looks like a seriously sweet place. My concern would be what they charge you in franchise fees...

kenrc51

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2006
los angeles
i always wanted to own my own fish store, ever since i was about 12 years old.

Princley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
us
rottbo said:
the franchise i have been researching is......... www.aquariumadventure.com very nice store check it out i am seriously thinking about it any comments???
I know the ppl the started that up they also own Pet land ... there Pet side of the company is poor but the Fish only side it the best the Marine Biol.. that started it is a really cool dude.. them stores cost many bucks to run
nice place

scottchristian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2005
las vegas, NV
ive thought it would be the coolest thing ever to own my own store. its just a big risk that im not willing to take. i already have a pretty decent job and i could always go back to it if the fish store idea failed. right now my wife and i are looking into a flower/ gift basket shop. shes a floral designer, her idea of the flower shop is first becouse she will make it successful. i may have a better chance of failure becouse ive never actually worked at a pet shop and i dont really have the knowledge and experience... i feel that i need to know EVERYTHING possible to feel confident... :)

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Cypress, CA
I dreamed i owned a fish store, then it went bankcrupt...i lost all my capital and went into debt. Thats why I just wanted to be a hobbyist, and get some money back on fish that I decide to part with. There are some fish that I just couldn't keep. Clown loaches, Asian aros, and Arapaimas. They just end up dying for some reason. The rest, I can keep alive. So if I go into fish store business...I think it would go bankcrupt.

shoefreak03

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
in my own little world
i wouldn't want to own a fish store. once your hobby becomes about money, then it becomes a chore/job and will start hating this hobby. too much things to worry about and especially since you WILL run into stupid people to piss you off more.

Vince

Most Wanted
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2005
Cypress, CA
shoefreak03 said:
i wouldn't want to own a fish store. once your hobby becomes about money, then it becomes a chore/job and will start hating this hobby. too much things to worry about and especially since you WILL run into stupid people to piss you off more.
:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

It's so true!!!

Booger

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 12, 2005
Hillsboro, OR
No way. Many reasons why, but the bottom line is that I don't want to mix my hobby with my career as I'd run the risk of ruining my enjoyment for both.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store