Largest Guapote Photos Only...

greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
NWatson;4456330; said:
Why is there only 3 privately owned Monsters in this thread one of which was bought at his size??? What does this say??
Put simply, it tells me that the majority of specimens are never kept in large enough aquaria to obtain a decent size.;)
Armacs dovii is another to add to the list but I haven't seen him post in a while, Recs is another that comes to mind.

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
greenterra;4456375; said:
Put simply, it tells me that the majority of specimens are never kept in large enough aquaria to obtain a decent size.;)
Armacs dovii is another to add to the list but I haven't seen him post in a while, Recs is another that comes to mind.
Let's see Rec's dovii! I know somebody has pics saved... :popcorn:

And let's not limit this to just giant dovii. I'd be happy to see some more giant managuense like greenterra's. Any full grown rogue status male Parachromis is welcome in this thread.

Here's a giant I rescued from near death at the lfs. He was on his side at the bottom of their tank roughed up with bad HLLE and popeye. They gave him to me for free because they knew I was his best shot at recovery. I had him back upright within a couple of days. The HLLE is getting better after almost six months, although the popeye is something I'm not equipped to handle.

He would only eat from my hand for the first couple of months. He's almost as thick as my four fingers, lol. Check out his giant lips too! Eventually, he'll go in the big tank. I call him Gimpy. Right at 15"...

This was in January when I first brought him home.

Here's a video...
http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a...13/5-5-2010/?action=view&current=DSCF6336.flv

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
i had a 11'' loisillei. not sure on the spelling there... also kept dovii and jags but nothing that could qualify on this thread.

what kind of jag was greenterras?

danny2875

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2008
Astoria, NY
Wow the dovii's in the fishing pics are monsters. Damn! Some serious dentures.

greenterra

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
BlackShark11k;4456520; said:
i had a 11'' loisillei. not sure on the spelling there...

what kind of jag was greenterras?
Parachromis managuensis (collection locale = lfs):D

This is my current guy. Lfs variant as well at an inch shorter than his predecessor.:)

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
greenterra;4456604; said:

This is my current guy. Lfs variant as well at an inch shorter than his predecessor.:)
I think you have your former Dovii's little brother. ;)

Let's not forget Gerry's (Chaitika) Dovii. I'll post him since I haven't seen him around. :D

june1dovii1big.jpg

may19dovii3.jpg

may19dovii2.jpg

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
greenterra;4456604; said:

WOW!! Very nice!

balton777;4456660; said:

Let's not forget Gerry's (Chaitika) Dovii. I'll post him since I haven't seen him around. :D
Very nice as well. What's the claimed size of this barbarian?

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
Cichlid Connection;4456366; said:
here is norris !! pushing 20in now
YOU have some big doviis. I've seen you farm thread. Amazing!! :headbang2

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store