Largest Guapote Photos Only...

UMBEEKING

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2008
REALM OF THE UMBEE
Excellent thread by the way! Here are some pix of these monsters I've saved to my computer. I would love to catch one of these guys on the rod and reel someday! Truly monsters.

14.jpg

100-95761.jpg

pag9.jpg

rosa.jpg

honda237

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2009
kalamazoo, Michigan
wow, thats all i can say. i would love to catch one of those...... or keep one that big. i want to own one of these, once i have enough room for one.
i know this is a picture thread but my question is, what would a minimum size tank for like the dovii? I've read 180g, but considering that they can reach over 20" i would think atleast a tank 72"x30"? sorry for the derail.

danny2875

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2008
Astoria, NY
For ones those sizes in the pics, you will need at least a 600g.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
I often hear people say you can keep them in a 180g. Whatever, that's why you only see a handful of extra large Dovii, the others die long before they can ever attain max growth. Personally I think it's from beating themselves to death on the sides of the (too small) tank.

terd ferguson;4457086; said:
Very nice as well. What's the claimed size of this barbarian?
Not sure....I can't remember.

balton777

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2007
Rowlett, Tx
Let's not forget that Grammodes are guapotes. Here's one of Gani's (Ruck Fules) grammy pics. Only Chris (aka cchhcc) had a comparible one in size and awesomeness that I know of. BTW, is Gani out of the hobby? I saw some 'out of hobby' threads of his in the market forum. NM, I remember he recently bought some new Umbie....I guess once your in you can't get out lol.

DSC07472.jpg

terd ferguson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2007
Concord, NC
balton777;4459624; said:
Let's not forget that Grammodes are guapotes. Here's one of Gani's (Ruck Fules) grammy pics. Only Chris (aka cchhcc) had a comparible one in size and awesomeness that I know of. BTW, is Gani out of the hobby? I saw some 'out of hobby' threads of his in the market forum. NM, I remember he recently bought some new Umbie....I guess once your in you can't get out lol.

View attachment 530703

I LOVE the grammodes and that is an awesome male! I had a nice male for a while, before I was brave enough to add a dovii to the community. Kind of a dovii substitution (dovii lite, lol) so to speak. Slow growers, but when you put in the time and effort, they turn out to be rulers!

NWatson

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2009
Cincinnati
balton777;4459624; said:

View attachment 530703
That is a beast. Best I have seen in a pic. Where are the rest of the monster guapotes.......they do not all have to be Dovii and Jags. What about the rest?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store