Making my 800 gal larger.

danz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Escondido, ca
www.flowerhorncraze.com
Well glad to hear its patched and hope it all works out. It seems that all the products have not worked out and this is the most promising so hope it works out. Its kind of odd that it didn't bond at all to that large of space (looks that way from the video) was the board not 100% clean, too cold? I have looked at that product to do some projects but there just wasn't enough information and didn't want to make the investment.

We still need to get you a flowerhorn in there :) I will see what we can do heh

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
Just curious, is the board you used primed before applying the pond armor? I've seen a lot of epoxy type products that suggest the surface be primed before using. I'm seriously considering using concrete board like VLDesign's build in mine and having it ready for pond armor in case I change my mind on using a liner.

nolapete

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 1, 2007
New Orleans, LA
I'm wondering if using Kilz on everything would be a good idea or not. I understand that it's not necessary, but like most of us I like to overbuild, so overprepping goes with it.

Does your fish room have the mildew resistant drywall? Mine doesn't, so I have to make it impermeable. Thinking about making the perimeter of the room have a 2' water barrier from the rest of the house.

A ton of prep to do before I even start building, so I'm living vicariously through you at the moment. LOL

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Don't envy my patience because it's almost run out... It leaked again this morning.
I've only got 2/3 of a kit left of pondarmor and I'm going to re-coat the entire deep end with it.
If it fails after that then it's going to have to sit until next winter.
As for using kills. Not a good idea. The pond armor would then be sticking to the kills and not the structure.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
TheFishGuy;2783532; said:
Don't envy my patience because it's almost run out... It leaked again this morning.
I've only got 2/3 of a kit left of pondarmor and I'm going to re-coat the entire deep end with it.
If it fails after that then it's going to have to sit until next winter.
As for using kills. Not a good idea. The pond armor would then be sticking to the kills and not the structure.
Ah man im sorry. Keep on giving it the college try ! :headbang2

dantedobe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2008
New Zealand
Oh no thats terrible. I am loving this thread and check it each morning for those cool video updates. I wish my husband loved fish like you and wanted a tank like this :) It is AWESOME!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store