Making my 800 gal larger.

greengiant

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 25, 2008
British Columbia Canada
Thanks for the update Johnathan we are here to support you in the addition to your tank and the good work you di with the fish rescue. I would love to start doing something along those lines up in my neck of the woods. right now I am not setup to do it but hopefully someday soon I will have the facilitys to follow a passion in a hobby such as this. you are inspirational to some of us

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Thanks fellas, I did finish cleaning the tank out this morning, wiped the whole thing down and dried it all up, and in that process I found multiple leak points in the deep end. Apparently I must have had my eye shut when I did my inspection after the first coat LOL There's spots where I can see the hardie plain as day! So today I'll be mixing very small batches of pondarmor and methodically going over every square inch of the tank. During the wipe down I found some small spots here and there on the walls and in the shallow end, but nothing like what I was finding in the deep end... LOL

danz

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2006
Escondido, ca
www.flowerhorncraze.com
In a way it may been blessing in disguise, those small areas that would have held water for some time but gave you issues in the future and rather then draining water your cleaning out the tank, setting up the temp pond then doing the repair. You did a ton of work fast so take some time off then go back with a fresh mind and get it patched :)

snaggle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
danz;2770758; said:
In a way it may been blessing in disguise, those small areas that would have held water for some time but gave you issues in the future and rather then draining water your cleaning out the tank, setting up the temp pond then doing the repair. You did a ton of work fast so take some time off then go back with a fresh mind and get it patched :)
If you read the whole thread he is making the tank larger and better because of a leak in the original 800, so all the fish are in a temperry pond right now. But you are right it is better tp fix it now then have to start over again.

Glad to hear that it is only some patching and not something fr worse. Looking forward to the next vid.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
Wow glad you found the source and have a good remedy. Keep us posted buddy your almost there. Im stoked for you!

wow_it_esploded

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2008
Over The Rainbow
snaggle;2771454; said:
If you read the whole thread he is making the tank larger and better because of a leak in the original 800, so all the fish are in a temperry pond right now. But you are right it is better tp fix it now then have to start over again.

Glad to hear that it is only some patching and not something fr worse. Looking forward to the next vid.
I think that they meant taking out the temp pond again, later down the road if the smaller spots would have leaked.

TheFishGuy

Candiru
MFK Member
May 8, 2006
North east Ohio
www.monsterfishrescue.com
Here’s a few videos about the leak. I had this interesting set of eleven videos of when I first filled the tank… I shot a quick snippet every 15 minutes, but youtube rejected like half of them and I ended up deleting them all… I’ll take pictures every 15 minutes next time, since pictures don’t take fifteen hours to load! LOL

#25 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZY9TtSXizU

#26 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq7clWk6hk0

#27 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MpM-SDkG_E

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store