Marathon battle with flashing

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
Both clown loaches have passed away. Tested the GH/KH with appropriate api liquid test kit. GH: 214.8ppm KH: 53.7ppm

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
Flashing occurs 4 times at the beginning of the video. Also sadly, it appears that the largest two males are showing no signs of easing up on each other so I’ll be rehoming one of them tomorrow.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Notice flashing after water changes?

Reactions: tlindsey

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
Notice flashing after water changes?
Flashing before and after water changes. I did do a 40% water change yesterday though and a 6month cleaning on the big Eheim canister filter. I’ve never been able to sit in front of this group of fish for an extended period of time (more than 5-10 minutes) and not see one flash.

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
Just to note the original 56 gallon Marineland fish tank this group was raised in was later used to temporarily house these discus/cardinal tetras due to a moving situation. It’s now their permanent home but during that time I had moved my fronts/clowns to a larger 90 gallon tank but warned the owner that it may not be safe as I was unaware what was going on with the flashing.

Well, I ended up gifting that tank/filtration system to said individual and the discus/cardinal tetras are thriving with no flashing what so ever. Go figure but I’m happy for him.

IMG_3480.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store