Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY!

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
SantaMonica;2396334; said:
He he... actually this is really not that big a deal. The bucket scrubber was version 1, and this acrylic scrubber is version 2, but version 3 I can only talk about on the algae scrubber site. Version 3 is to 2, what 2 is to 1.
Allow me to retort...Get your Patents Applied for....:)

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
Without a doubt, with high power bulbs that close to the screen, results will be great. Mine is half that size and it's running my whole tank.
This may be true for salt water but its not working so well for fresh water.

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
I don't think I'd run one exclusively but in addition to your regular filtration, there are some F/W benefits...

How long have you had yours up and running?
I don't have one running yet. I do see the benefits from this on freshwater. Im just talking about the extra lighting that is being spoken about. I believe from what I have seen from your setup and the other setup under the guys tank, that less lighting in freshwater might work better than lots of lighting that seem to work for saltwater applications.

Its interesting to see the results. I do believe more testing of different methods need to be made on freshwater setups.

Also, there is no way you can patent this and expect everyone to call it one name. Look how many canister filters there are.... Those are all patented too.

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
Jgray152;2396812; said:
I don't have one running yet. I do see the benefits from this on freshwater. Im just talking about the extra lighting that is being spoken about. I believe from what I have seen from your setup and the other setup under the guys tank, that less lighting in freshwater might work better than lots of lighting that seem to work for saltwater applications.

Its interesting to see the results. I do believe more testing of different methods need to be made on freshwater setups.

Also, there is no way you can patent this and expect everyone to call it one name. Look how many canister filters there are.... Those are all patented too.
I see what you are saying, yes way more testing on f/w is in order...
as far as the patent reference, I was saying the concept and principles, of course cannot be patented but the model they are doing should be...somebody will if they don't...

cvermeulen

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2007
Los Osos, CA
How do you remove the screen for cleaning?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store