Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY!

stixx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
NewYork City
We can say this extra filter set-up is effective, so with that in mind would anyone now place their tank by a window. I see the chance to have a tank by a window as a bonus for several reasons. The first is the ability the keep a planted tank with out having to invest too much on light and another major plus I see would be giving your fishes a natural cycle of light that gradually changes for them as it would in the wild making for more natural behaviors. As the tank would go through seasonal changes which we could affect by gradual temp changes by us. So how does everyone feel about these ideas and thoughts.

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
stixx;2490964; said:
We can say this extra filter set-up is effective, so with that in mind would anyone now place their tank by a window. I see the chance to have a tank by a window as a bonus for several reasons. The first is the ability the keep a planted tank with out having to invest too much on light and another major plus I see would be giving your fishes a natural cycle of light that gradually changes for them as it would in the wild making for more natural behaviors. As the tank would go through seasonal changes which we could affect by gradual temp changes by us. So how does everyone feel about these ideas and thoughts.
Would be interesting to see this done

stixx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
NewYork City
Exposing the scrubber to the sun would really not pose any issues as it needs light to function so sun light wouldn't be damaging also if your scubber is built with in your tank stand it wouldn't be exposed. I've seen many who have kepted NPT (natural planted tanks) with soil cover by gravel in front of window only exception is they have a lower fish load compared to the avg monsterfishkeeper. So I feel that its really feasible. If I can only convince the better half to let me move tank in front of window. Guess I could tell her less money spent on more lighting and electric bill long term savings is a good excuse

Tom_cullen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
brighton
www.myspace.com
this is pretty off subject but i don't think its been bought up yet, does this unit let off any smells? i'm really intrested in making one as my tank is un planted so i'm forever magcleaning all the crap off. however if its gonna be a smelly one i'd much rather just keep the cleaning up. cheers :asianarow

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
why does this allow us to now put a tank in the sunlight?

because the algae that would normally appear now appears on the scrubber?

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
loogielv;2491969; said:
why does this allow us to now put a tank in the sunlight?

because the algae that would normally appear now appears on the scrubber?
Got it:thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store