Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY!

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Mile High in Northern AZ, baby!~
The only drawback to the "In the Sunlight" feature is,...It's in the sunlight, full view, lookin like a screen with green Algae on it...your guests will always give you that "look" and ask "what the hell is that?"

And when you tell them, they give you that other look...and say "Your really into this fish thing, huh?" or "You're friggin' crazy, you know that, right?"

And then you smile... :D

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
zennzzo;2492580; said:
The only drawback to the "In the Sunlight" feature is,...It's in the sunlight, full view, lookin like a screen with green Algae on it...your guests will always give you that "look" and ask "what the hell is that?"

And when you tell them, they give you that other look...and say "Your really into this fish thing, huh?" or "You're friggin' crazy, you know that, right?"

And then you smile... :D
well can't you put the tank in the sunlight and the scrubber down below? i think that was the point

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
zennzzo;2492896;2492896 said:
3 word 1st paragraph...

"DRAWBACK" (drô bak)

1. A disadvantage or inconvenience.
why thanks for the word-o-the-day tip Mr. Websters, however you're saying the only drawback is putting the screen in full view...and the point made before was putting the tank in full view..not the screen. the screen can stay below where it was insinuated to be throughout this entire thread.

stixx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2008
NewYork City
Well if your into fishes your friends already think your crazy as I have 5 tanks in a one bedroom NYC apartment with a wife and kid. So being thought as crazy is beyond me. And as pointed out the scrubber can be maintain with-in the tank stand. My main thoughts are the possibilities of being able to use natural light as a driving force for the fishes. Can't get any more natural than the sun light no timer can replicate those subtle changes from the sun such as intensity through out the day the amount of light that comes with the changing of the seasons. You would basically be fine with a standard lighting you get with aquarium kits. This should have a positive affect for fishes also who go through cycles in the natural habitats. And adding plants would be cheaper since your main source of lighting is "free" (the nicest 4 letter word for a fish keeper). Glad to see that my rambling seems relevant to some. Now I no longer believe my friends who say I'm crazy!

loogielv

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2008
Las Vegas, USA
if you dont believe you're crazy..then you are in fact, crazy...

but ones a good crazy...the other is a crazy crazy

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
loogielv;2492950; said:
why thanks for the word-o-the-day tip Mr. Websters, however you're saying the only drawback is putting the screen in full view...and the point made before was putting the tank in full view..not the screen. the screen can stay below where it was insinuated to be throughout this entire thread.
Of course you missed the post where we were talking about putting the screen in the sunlight, therefore eliminating the need for artificial light...my above post I believe said, "been there done that" referring to the solar powered scrubber...

Tom_cullen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 30, 2008
brighton
www.myspace.com
loogielv;2492950; said:
" The only drawback to the "In the Sunlight" feature is . . ."
he was stating what the drawbacks to the solar powered version were, he knows that if he'd built it under the unit using lamps that it wouldn't be a eyesore. however if you had taken to the time to read the whole thread you'd realise that its a pond with no unit to hide such lamps and screen in.

hey zen wish my rents would let me put one on the roof, saying that even if i could the weather is pants over here. whats the weather like down your way ?

zennzzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2005
Tom_cullen;2493520; said:
" The only drawback to the "In the Sunlight" feature is . . ."
he was stating what the drawbacks to the solar powered version were, he knows that if he'd built it under the unit using lamps that it wouldn't be a eyesore. however if you had taken to the time to read the whole thread you'd realise that its a pond with no unit to hide such lamps and screen in.

hey zen wish my rents would let me put one on the roof, saying that even if i could the weather is pants over here. whats the weather like down your way ?
Sunny and 73 yesterday, today was cooler but the sun was out, very few clouds...
I took down my scrubber today, cleaned off the grid and stored it...I de-algae'd the pond, did a 75% waterchange, and double wrapped the prefilter with more Japmat...Winterized in the 60's but the cold will be dropping down at night soon...
I fed the Koi the last of the high protein Hikari, till spring...;)

SantaMonica

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Builds/Designs Of The Week:

Aqualityplace on the UR site:

Nickq on the UR site:

Dave3441 on the UR site:

RentalDeceptionist on the UR site:

Workers99 on the UR site:

Bluespotjawfish on the RS site:

Reefski on the MD site:

Christophe on the MD site:

Sharkey18 on the MD site:

Loveaneighbor on the MD site:

Dohn on the MASA site; not DIY-able, but good idea for manufacturing:

Riaanp on the MASA site; this is on the back of a nano. The light is actually inside of the compartment, and he says it does not get wet at all:

Franske on the MASA site:

Enatiello on the RS site:

GlaringToast on the MFT site:

Jan on the RP site:

IamFood on the SG site:

Johntanjm on the SG site:

Juzzmarine on the SG site:

Nitschke on the SWF site:

Todj2002 on the SWF site:

Worley on the AS site; this is for a high-power, very thin unit for HOB:

NoOne on the AS site:

zoomed.com