Mega Powerful Nitrate and Phosphate Remover - DIY!

SantaMonica

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2008
Santa Monica, CA, USA
Well I thought it couldn't grow any more in two weeks, but this time it reached the top of the window and was getting ready to spill out the end. My other scrubber was not very grown yet, so I did not want to clean this one today, but I thought I better before it spills. Tests today were N02=0, NO3=2, P=.015? (very faint blue). Feeding is one silverside per week to the eel, 4.8 ml/day continuous feeding of Oysterfeast for the corals (very low amount, currently), and misc nori/daphnia for the fish. Pics:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJxzeAgOS_M

scriving

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
the cuts
nice im building one after reading this

Bizarroterl

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
SJ, CA
smartlove_518;4347918; said:
u go ahead and do that..and then you could make a nice summary for me...yea..:D:D
Done! The summary is .....

Read the thread. :WHOA:

BTW - If you're too lazy to read this thread why are you involved with aquariums?

Keith.B.Nimble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2009
San Marcos, TX
How long has it been since your last water change on the freshwater setup? How long did it take for the screen to grow enough algae to do the job?

Tagging along with MUCH interest. Please take pictures and video when it comes time to cleaning the screen on that freshwater setup.

Keith

Griller

Gambusia
MFK Member
Keith.B.Nimble;4371445; said:
How long has it been since your last water change on the freshwater setup? How long did it take for the screen to grow enough algae to do the job?

Tagging along with MUCH interest. Please take pictures and video when it comes time to cleaning the screen on that freshwater setup.

Keith
I'm keen too - let us know

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store