Metal Monster 650 is it possible? in progress!

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
So, I have completed all the heat welding and my poly pieces are in there final resting place.This tank is HEAVY lol! Im planning on using cinderblocks for the stand, probably 2 high. My debate now is im worried about a seam breaking during the test filling of the tank. I can't afford to have this happen b/c the tank is already in my basement and cannot really be moved well. My idea is to use a pond liner to test fill and possible just leave in there for peace of mind while im away at work. Overkill probably, but id rather be safe than sorry. Anything I should know about pond liner brands or are they all basically the same. I know alot of us use them for builds and was curious to know if a certain brand adheres better to acrylic than others with silicone. Thanks

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
redtailshark1;3881239; said:
shark cages dont hold water

lol good call brah..choad... too bad russ will have the last laugh bahahahahahha

Conner

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2008
Kentucky
wednesday13;4194801; said:
So, I have completed all the heat welding and my poly pieces are in there final resting place.This tank is HEAVY lol! Im planning on using cinderblocks for the stand, probably 2 high. My debate now is im worried about a seam breaking during the test filling of the tank. I can't afford to have this happen b/c the tank is already in my basement and cannot really be moved well. My idea is to use a pond liner to test fill and possible just leave in there for peace of mind while im away at work. Overkill probably, but id rather be safe than sorry. Anything I should know about pond liner brands or are they all basically the same. I know alot of us use them for builds and was curious to know if a certain brand adheres better to acrylic than others with silicone. Thanks
Firestone 45mil EPDM are the top of line. You can get knockoffs on ebay that are similar, not sure on the quality. You can also get a 20mil liner for less than half the cost of 45mil, but then you're sacrificing strength. Its up to you I guess.

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Thanks conner, i actually ended up buying this liner. Tested my structure with it and the glass and my seams hold!!! Everything is done, tank is on a cinder block stand and now the only thing holding me back is sealing the window? I really do not want to use bolts and risk cracking my acrylic though. Does anyone recommend bolts or no bolts? and is Regular silicone going to do the job or not? I've read several threads of people using silicone, acrylic and pond liner, with no bolts, but is there something im missing. PLEASE HELP! All i need is to seal my window! Pics pending. I do not have internet at my house Thankyou!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store